Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagulls player

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
gone up by 2 quid
We are currently working on improvements to Seagulls Player that will give you an enhanced match day experience.

For the 2012/13 season you can now:•Pause live audio commentary and rewind those breath taking moments.
•Watch extended match highlights in high quality 2MB flash video.
•Access your account by using your Facebook log in.
So that we are able to provide you with these new and improved features, we will need to increase the price of your subscription slightly. As of 01/08/2012 your subscription will start to be billed at £37.99 per year, an increase of just GBP2 per year.
not bothered about being able to rewind but will keep it anyway for when i am not in sussex

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Isn't it £34.99 at the moment?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I suppose it remains worth the money - just.

Am I the only one that had 3 emails from them all at the same time?

The first email claimed it was now going to be £37.99 a year, an increase of £2 per year.
The second email claimed it was now going to be £4.49 a month, an increase of 20p per month.
The third claimed it was now going to be £42.99 a year, an increase of £3 per year.

:annoyed::mad:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Yep, same

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

The first email claimed it was now going to be £37.99 a year, an increase of £2 per year.
The second email claimed it was now going to be £4.49 a month, an increase of 20p per month.
The third claimed it was now going to be £42.99 a year, an increase of £3 per year.

Me too! very confusing

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I love Seagulls Player, but it would be even better if you could play it on Apple stuff as well. I am sure a lot more folks would subscribe if it was.

When they put the price up last year they also said they would improve the quality of the highlights, but it was still pretty pony.

Its worth the money just to see Gus and his weekly 30 min pre match intrviews.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I love Seagulls Player, but it would be even better if you could play it on Apple stuff as well. I am sure a lot more folks would subscribe if it was.

When they put the price up last year they also said they would improve the quality, but it was still pretty pony.

It worth the money just to see Gus and his weekly 30 min pre match intrviews.

I play it on my macbook air? Having said that £42.99 may be too much for me this year.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The biggest problem is it doesn't play on an iPad, and that's why I'm cancelling. I'd happily pay the increase if they solved that issue.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
They are obviously waiting to get it right before they notify me.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
lol dont know whats so special about me i just checked and i only have 2 second one says 3 quid increase

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Count me in for the 3 e.mails.I have just paid for a year so what happens?

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
The biggest problem is it doesn't play on an iPad, and that's why I'm cancelling. I'd happily pay the increase if they solved that issue.

It does play on the iPad with Photon Flash Player Browser. Just to let you know

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
gone up by 2 quid
We are currently working on improvements to Seagulls Player that will give you an enhanced match day experience.

For the 2012/13 season you can now:•Pause live audio commentary and rewind those breath taking moments.
•Watch extended match highlights in high quality 2MB flash video.
•Access your account by using your Facebook log in.
So that we are able to provide you with these new and improved features, we will need to increase the price of your subscription slightly. As of 01/08/2012 your subscription will start to be billed at £37.99 per year, an increase of just GBP2 per year.
not bothered about being able to rewind but will keep it anyway for when i am not in sussex

Be nice if they get it to work consistently and manage highlights that are a match for our opponents. So far this pre-season we have seen greatly superior efforts by the mighty Maidstone, Lewes and Dover - all longer - all better edited - frightening really!

As for "my facebook log in" what is that? I'm not on facebook and if I was my log in would probably be the same anyway. Is it an "improvement"?

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Be nice if they get it to work consistently and manage highlights that are a match for our opponents. So far this pre-season we have seen greatly superior efforts by the mighty Maidstone, Lewes and Dover - all longer - all better edited - frightening really!

As for "my facebook log in" what is that? I'm not on facebook and if I was my log in would probably be the same anyway. Is it an "improvement"?

The Facebook thing is probably largely for their benefit. Collect your data and market virally.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I think all are correct, ish...

£4.49 per month
£37.99 per year if you pay with an annual Direct Debit
£42.99 per year if you pay via debit card, credit card or Paypal.

(I feel left out not having had a single email about my subscription.:()

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The Facebook thing is probably largely for their benefit. Collect your data and market virally.

thanks for that - so they access/steal my data and invade my privacy and tell me that it's an improvement?

Think that's made my mind up for me ???

phoenix

May 18, 2009
So if i am paid up for the year till next July, do they charge me the extra now (In August) or when it renews?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here