Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagulls player

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
£42.99 is a bargain for ex-pats like myself. Live commentary, highlights of all the games, interviews, and such like is a price worth paying when you can't get to games.

My only gripe is being the use of Flash. Hopefully one day, they'll discover technology that will play across multiple platforms, if it doesn't already exist.............. oh wait, it does.

Last edited:

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
thanks for that - so they access/steal my data and invade my privacy and tell me that it's an improvement?

Think that's made my mind up for me ???

That's the way I see it. Im in an industry that does this stuff.

I personally would be interested to find out if anyone finds the facebook bit a genuine benefit and how? Also want to know what data they ask you to share? For research reasons. So please share if you do.

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
Are the club behind this feature (in control of this feature) or is it a part of the platform most Championship clubs websites have signed up to. ( performgroup.com )

Is the footage controlled, is it the same on the seagulls player as the oppositions player only with different commentary, im not sure the club are that influential on the pricing, the username and password for your seagulls player as far as i know works on any other teams site that uses the performgroup.com platform

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
I think all are correct, ish...

£4.49 per month
£37.99 per year if you pay with an annual Direct Debit
£42.99 per year if you pay via debit card, credit card or Paypal.

(I feel left out not having had a single email about my subscription.:()

I also received all these 3 emails tonight... After Bozza's post, can't decide whether
this should be ???:eek:??? or :rave::banana::rave:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I too received three emails from them and I responded accordingly.

Firstly, my subscription runs until November although they plan to introduce the new charges wef. August 2012

Secondly, I advised them that the quality of the service was s--- (ie the reproduction is poor and shorter than other clubs)

Thirdly, I have cancelled my annual direct debit - convince me why I should not have done so.

Seriously, it is poor and on the basis of a one liner email which I thought pathetic, there was no choice.

Highlights are available on BBC (up to now) but, if not, can be recorded if that bothered.

I await a response which, in triplicate, is not expected !

Last edited:

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Are the club behind this feature (in control of this feature) or is it a part of the platform most Championship clubs websites have signed up to. ( performgroup.com )

Is the footage controlled, is it the same on the seagulls player as the oppositions player only with different commentary, im not sure the club are that influential on the pricing, the username and password for your seagulls player as far as i know works on any other teams site that uses the performgroup.com platform

This is correct. It is also a handy fact as on many ocassions watching the oppositions video of the match has proven to be better (longer, considerably) than ours.

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
So why would the oppositions video of the match be proven to be better (longer, considerably) than ours?

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
So why would the oppositions video of the match be proven to be better (longer, considerably) than ours?

I dont know who creates them. But whoever does ours doesn't make them longer or better. Maybe our commentators give them less to work with. Maybe whoever does ours doesn't care so much. Dunno but see for yourself.

Definitely my experience last year. Cardiff away was one I remember well because i went and wanted to see it again and theirs was something like 45mins where as ours was 10. There were others and I didn't do it for every match.

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
I dont know who creates them. But whoever does ours doesn't make them longer or better. Maybe our commentators give them less to work with. Maybe whoever does ours doesn't care so much. Dunno but see for yourself.

Definitely my experience last year. Cardiff away was one I remember well because i went and wanted to see it again and theirs was something like 45mins where as ours was 10. There were others and I didn't do it for every match.

Sometimes the extended highlights are released after the match day highlights, are you sure you didn't see the highlights on the seagulls player and then the extended highlights on the Cardiff player?

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Sometimes the extended highlights are released after the match day highlights, are you sure you didn't see the highlights on the seagulls player and then the extended highlights on the Cardiff player?

I did see match highlights on seagull player but at the time there was only extended highlights on the Cardiff player. It is possible that they came up at a later date. I did watch them a few times whilst looking for BHA version of the extended highlights.

Maybe but not my experience nor my perception of what happened.

If you still have player you could verify whether there are extended highlights of Cardiff away on seagull player. I don't. If it is there, it might even tell you when it was posted.

My assumption is they didn't make it.

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1
I did see match highlights on seagull player but at the time there was only extended highlights on the Cardiff player. It is possible that they came up at a later date. I did watch them a few times whilst looking for BHA version of the extended highlights.

Maybe but not my experience nor my perception of what happened.

If you still have player you could verify whether there are extended highlights of Cardiff away on seagull player. I don't. If it is there, it might even tell you when it was posted.

My assumption is they didn't make it.

Fair play mate, it really annoyed me one time the lack of coverage on the Brighton v Burnley game, I explained the events to my brother, waited for the football league programme to show him and the highlights were about 20 seconds long so brief! then was expecting longer, better content from the seagulls player but was the exact same video as featured on the football league show and the commentator didn't sound the same view as I come away from the game with.

Thats the only time I've compared the Seagulls player with (another teams) Burnleys player, the video content seemed the same but commentary was different.

I'm not going to dig through the player history, my only point was I don't think the club have much control over this feature.

del_boy

Jul 3, 2012
BN1

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I cancelled mine a couple of weeks ago. I just wasn't using it enough, only used it 2 or 3 times in the 6 months I had it, tbh I get most of my info on here, and the main website, I also found the highlights to be crap quality.

On the other hand, watching the Stones TV footage the other day was really impressive. Considering the size of the club and the scale of the production values used, and the fact it's free, what they have done is amazing when you stack it up against Seagulls Player or the other clubs video highlights system. Well done Maidstone!!

D

Deleted member 22389

Same for me two emails, two different prices. I need Seagulls Player for these away games but that email was pathetic. How much is it now? All I want is the following for my money, is to make sure they get the comm started early. There have been numerous occasions where we always seem to be the last club in the whole of the football league who get their comm started late.

seagullfromamex

Apr 6, 2012
Why do we have to pay to watch highlights? Quite few lower league clubs offer them for free. For people from poor countries like me, it is outrageous to pay that amount just to watch videos. Some people in my Country have to live full month with same amount of money as yearly subscription.

I hope there will be a Robin Hood who will just upload them to youtube.

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
£42.99 is a bargain for ex-pats like myself. Live commentary, highlights of all the games, interviews, and such like is a price worth paying when you can't get to games.

My only gripe is being the use of Flash. Hopefully one day, they'll discover technology that will play across multiple platforms, if it doesn't already exist.............. oh wait, it does.

Yeah but flash is multi platform, Apple just chose not to support it as standard on iDevices just like they did with stupid Bluetooth that won't talk to other makes of equipment!

I'd love it if Seagulls player made a Samsung Smart TV widget so I couple watch all the video on my telly - anyone else thought the same?

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
Am I the only one that had 3 emails from them all at the same time?

The first email claimed it was now going to be £37.99 a year, an increase of £2 per year.
The second email claimed it was now going to be £4.49 a month, an increase of 20p per month.
The third claimed it was now going to be £42.99 a year, an increase of £3 per year.

:annoyed::mad:

Me too. Has anyone told them of their mistakes? Hope were not going to get charged three times for an at best average product!

D

Deleted member 22389

Me too. Has anyone told them of their mistakes? Hope were not going to get charged three times for an at best average product!

If anyone gets a reply to their emails please let me know. Someone has screwed up on the pricing here, so I am not going to pay more than I have too.

It's OK asking for more money, but at least get it right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here