Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls fans on Soccer AM - Now!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I think it would be BETTER if next time we get invited that SOME of our gay fans like Beach Hut and El Presidente REPRESENT us :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I think you should be on there next time Earnest! I'm sure there are plenty of people on here who'd like to see the man behind the mask :eek::thumbsup::bowdown:

Last edited:

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
No I don't know them which is rather the point. However it's all about opinions, I watch bits of SoccerAm most Saturdays and the Fans of the Week always make me cringe. But like you say, for some people it's a bit of a laugh and if people want to do it then fair enough. I'm just saying how they appear TO ME - it would be a boring world if we all thought the same.

I'm confused, if you don't like it why watch? It's quite simple really, get off your lardy arse, fetch the remote and change channels and watch a cookery show or maybe CBeebies is more to your taste!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm confused, if you don't like it why watch? It's quite simple really, get off your lardy arse, fetch the remote and change channels and watch a cookery show or maybe CBeebies is more to your taste!
Ok, if you're confused I'll try and say it using more simple words. I quite like Soccer AM as a programme. (With me so far?) However I find the 'Fans of the Week' feature to be toe-curlingly embarrassing. This is a personal point of view, others think it's great to appear on telly as lardy-arsed, sexist buffoons and, like I say, I don't have a problem with that. Each to his own. Fortunately the 'Fans of the Week' sections are not the whole show, so whilst I DO turn over quite frequently when I turn back they're usually showing something more interesting.

Don't get so hung up just because not everybody thinks it's brilliant.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
The show is a bit of fun and on that basis enjoyable but I do agree with Brovion that the 'fans' bits are cringingly embarrassing. It was only after watching them in replica kit persuaded me that I should stop wearing colours to a game, leaving it the younger and less portly folk.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
ok mate i will what you do then

I'm a volunteer coach at the weekend soccer schools usually but was helping out at the holiday soccer school yesterday as my boy was there and I had the day off. Ian Hickley-Smith, Dave Green and Mark Sullivan are the main coaches I work with.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Well done to the fans of the week last saturday - my husband and brother and mates went on it last year when Simon Jordan was on there - unfortunately they were told by Chris Nutbeam that they couldn't do or say anything against him and then Brighton fans on here slagged them off too - glad you enjoyed yourselves - they treat you really well and they even dropped all of us back to the game at west ham after - jordan was a complete twat when they were up there they all had their picture taken in the luther blissett stand with the fa cup and he was giving them wanker signs - a truley vile thing that man is - what makes me laugh with some on here is they slag you off saying what you should have said and done on the show but you have to sign a form to say you will have to behave - not only that you are representing the club!!! they slagged half of our lot of saying they were old and fat - Would love to see them have the bollocks to say it to their faces !!!!!! Dicks

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
Well done to the fans of the week last saturday - my husband and brother and mates went on it last year when Simon Jordan was on there - unfortunately they were told by Chris Nutbeam that they couldn't do or say anything against him and then Brighton fans on here slagged them off too - glad you enjoyed yourselves - they treat you really well and they even dropped all of us back to the game at west ham after - jordan was a complete twat when they were up there they all had their picture taken in the luther blissett stand with the fa cup and he was giving them wanker signs - a truley vile thing that man is - what makes me laugh with some on here is they slag you off saying what you should have said and done on the show but you have to sign a form to say you will have to behave - not only that you are representing the club!!! they slagged half of our lot of saying they were old and fat - Would love to see them have the bollocks to say it to their faces !!!!!! Dicks

thank you very much well said cheers for the well done and so would i love to see some of them say it to my face :ascarf::drink:

Jonesyno1

Apr 16, 2008
As one of the fans on the show last Saturday I would like to thank all the people who have given us lot their support. I would also like to say to the few that felt disappointed with our portrayal of Brighton fans that at least we bothered to put our necks on the line and go on live TV to support the club we love. It's all well and good to sit in the comfort of your computer chair and insult us and accuse us of being 'grunting retards' but I would like to see how calm and sophisticated you manage to be under the spotlight in front of millions of people. We were given clear instructions to be as loud and boisterous as possible, and although this didn't necessarily reflect our normal behaviours, we felt we had to act this way in order to keep the atmosphere of the show at the level that the producers want it. In my opinion we did that very well. Besides a lot of the background noise heard during the show is generated by the crew itself, showing that is the way they want it to come across. I do respect that everyone has their own opinion, but when this is insulting and rude I feel that people should be more careful of what they write. We may not have been your cup of tea but we were performing within set guidelines and at least trying to give a good account of the club.

Football, as a working class game, is all about passion and camaraderie. Those qualities, amongst others are what make fans what they are. It’s not about knowing the stats inside out, or looking trim and groomed. Those are the qualities we tried to show and if you think that was wrong, fair enough, we will have to agree to disagree.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
As one of the fans on the show last Saturday I would like to thank all the people who have given us lot their support. I would also like to say to the few that felt disappointed with our portrayal of Brighton fans that at least we bothered to put our necks on the line and go on live TV to support the club we love. It's all well and good to sit in the comfort of your computer chair and insult us and accuse us of being 'grunting retards' but I would like to see how calm and sophisticated you manage to be under the spotlight in front of millions of people. We were given clear instructions to be as loud and boisterous as possible, and although this didn't necessarily reflect our normal behaviours, we felt we had to act this way in order to keep the atmosphere of the show at the level that the producers want it. In my opinion we did that very well. Besides a lot of the background noise heard during the show is generated by the crew itself, showing that is the way they want it to come across. I do respect that everyone has their own opinion, but when this is insulting and rude I feel that people should be more careful of what they write. We may not have been your cup of tea but we were performing within set guidelines and at least trying to give a good account of the club.

Football, as a working class game, is all about passion and camaraderie. Those qualities, amongst others are what make fans what they are. It’s not about knowing the stats inside out, or looking trim and groomed. Those are the qualities we tried to show and if you think that was wrong, fair enough, we will have to agree to disagree.

Well grunted.

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham

wel said jonesy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here