Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save PAFC - Go green for Leeds game?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Blimey, how many PAFC scarves have been ordered this week? More than in any other September period, I'd wager :lol:

Edit: think I've counted eighteen on this thread so far.

Last edited:

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Just like to point out the obvious to most. England has 92 pro club teams in 4 leagues. This is MORE than any other country on this planet. The 72 clubs outside the EPL are the support structure for the top division. Whilst we can all argue the merits of "footballing" quality this brings at a lower level the fact is football is part of the culture through demand and history. To abandon a club for lack of support is justifiable but to ignore the plight of a club dying through "mis-management" is simply blinkered.

So I will be bringing green balloons to the Leeds match, and for the people who don't like it they can pop them.

I am grateful to all who helped the Albion through the dark days; for the reward is great! The future is blue.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've got an Argyle fan on PASOTI offering to post me his PAFC flag for the occasion, but as I'm a WSU ST holder I'm not sure where I'd be able to put it (have to find out how big it is too).

Would any North Standers able to assist, as that seems to be where a lot of the flags will be ending up?

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
We've got 1128 followers on twitter already, 83 league clubs involved, incredible to think that the majority of clubs now know about this.

I've being sent 100 green balloons (thank you for that) and a PA colleague is getting me some green scarfs etc. I might need some help blowing all those up though, si there anyone in WSL that fancies helping me?

Fantastic news about the green fliers, I hadn't seen that so pleased it's being done, wow this is gonna look incredible!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Woah! Big respect and thanks to the club for agreeing to a green back to the programme. That is fantastic news in terms of the potential to make an impact for the cameras. Now we just need to nobble the pre-match announcer to get him to make everyone hold them up :)

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
We've got 1128 followers on twitter already, 83 league clubs involved, incredible to think that the majority of clubs now know about this.

I've being sent 100 green balloons (thank you for that) and a PA colleague is getting me some green scarfs etc. I might need some help blowing all those up though, si there anyone in WSL that fancies helping me?

Fantastic news about the green fliers, I hadn't seen that so pleased it's being done, wow this is gonna look incredible!

I'm in WSL block H, certainly happy to blow up balloons for a while.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just a thought but the away kit is green .. why dont the albion play the game in our away kit..?

That has been discussed. It was felt that requesting that might be a step too far as it might turn some Albion fans against the campaign... Similar to If we asked Albion fans to wear Plymouth replica shirts...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This.

I think we are all getting carried away with trying to save the world here.
Green will not save them and it may just take our players mind off what we want 3points and that could be critical to our goal of promotion to the promised land.

Come on wake up and give cash instead.

I have to admit that while being 100% behind the campaign the possibility of our players getting distracted has crossed my mind.

I'm sure that Plymouth fans won't mind if we ensure that The Albion, players and supporters, concentrate on trying to get three points.

Do the whole 'Go Green' thing but once we get to kick off it has to be 100% behind The Albion.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
this all has me very excited, really looking forward to the occasion!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here