Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save PAFC - Go green for Leeds game?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This.

I think we are all getting carried away with trying to save the world here.
Green will not save them and it may just take our players mind off what we want 3points and that could be critical to our goal of promotion to the promised land.

Come on wake up and give cash instead.

You're right, of course. It's very easy to get sucked into a few gestures and then calling that a campaign. This won't be sufficient on its own in getting the outcome that the Argyle Fans' Trust want, which is the Brent consortium being in charge.

And, I will say this, giving some cash on its own, won't carry the day either. The amounts being raised by fans is welcome, and heartening given the harsh economic climate, yet it is pissing against the wind compared the amounts that will save Plymouth Argyle Football Club.

What is needed is a multi-pronged campaign, yes, with awareness of other fans, and also with legal expertise, an experienced press officer and, above all, leadership that can move the world to the vision of a Brent consortium takeover.
As Atilla said yesterday, it wasn't Fans United that won the campaign in the 1990s, but the very deliberate targeting of key individuals, in a way that demoralised them, while staying on the right side of the law. It may pan out that what will make a difference this time is different, but again, Plymouth fans need to listen for what it is and then to deliver it. It's beating about the bush otherwise.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Could everyone who has a green and black away shirt turn up in it to demonstrate support ? Green is the Argule colour after all

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Could everyone who has a green and black away shirt turn up in it to demonstrate support ? Green is the Argule colour after all

that is, of course, the simplest possible answer.

We cannot, as many have said, materially affect the outcome at Plymouth Argyle and it really isn't our war to fight.

But what we can do is show our support for our fellow football fans and we can do it in a way that gets maximum available media coverage. It is then up to the Janners to take it on and use the media spotlight effectively. One or two of our people can help and advise them to that end if they want help but what ALL OF US can do is show solidarity and help to focus the media spotlight.........................and it won't cost anything if you don't want it to! JUST WEAR GREEN to one home match! If you can buy some balloons or some card then great. If you can afford to go to Plymouth for a game as part of fans Re-united then fantastic. But all you need to do is to wear green for one game and help to create a media awareness that the Plymouth fans can piggy back and take advantage of.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
But what we can do is show our support for our fellow football fans and we can do it in a way that gets maximum available media coverage. It is then up to the Janners to take it on and use the media spotlight effectively. One or two of our people can help and advise them to that end if they want help but what ALL OF US can do is show solidarity and help to focus the media spotlight.........................and it won't cost anything if you don't want it to! JUST WEAR GREEN to one home match! If you can buy some balloons or some card then great. If you can afford to go to Plymouth for a game as part of fans Re-united then fantastic. But all you need to do is to wear green for one game and help to create a media awareness that the Plymouth fans can piggy back and take advantage of.

Perfectly put Severnside. We need to raise awareness.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Okay folks so I'm looking for a few fans with plenty of puff, especially in the EAST STAND (opposite the Sky TV cameras) who will be attending the Leeds game and are prepared to blow up a couple of hundred balloons and distribute them.

PM me if you are interested in recieving a pack of 200 green balloons but please bear in mind that blowing them up will be a fair bit of work and will take some time (unless you've got a balloon pump) so someone who is part of a group would be ideal. I will need your address to send them to.

Sadly I can't be at the Leeds game but hopefully I will see some of you at Home Park :)

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Has this idea been emailed to the club/Argus to try and raise the profile a bit? Whilst many people post/lurk on NSC it is by no means 20,000 of us. Getting an announcement on the website, bbc sussex or in the argus would surely get as many people as possible to do this...it may not change the world but Plymouth need help and as they say, every little helps?

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
Has this idea been emailed to the club/Argus to try and raise the profile a bit? Whilst many people post/lurk on NSC it is by no means 20,000 of us. Getting an announcement on the website, bbc sussex or in the argus would surely get as many people as possible to do this...it may not change the world but Plymouth need help and as they say, every little helps?

Yep the club know about it but haven't officially responded yet, Gullys Girls have said they'll wear green, Argus know about it and it's being dealt with but not had a proper response back from them yet either. They are more likely to run the story nearer the time though. It won't hurt for others to be on the case as well, so they know the strength of feeling.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Okay folks so I'm looking for a few fans with plenty of puff, especially in the EAST STAND (opposite the Sky TV cameras)

I thought the Sky Cameras were going to be in the East Stand!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I'll be buying 200 green balloons of ebay for the north stand and handing them out too that should be seen also.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Phew!

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
i hope this still fits

Mens_Green_Skint_Monopoly_T_Shirt_500_478_514_76.jpg

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'm trying to get hold of something green to wear, ill be in the west stand but sky have cameras everywhere so its worth going green wherever you sit.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm trying to get hold of something green to wear, ill be in the west stand but sky have cameras everywhere so its worth going green wherever you sit.

Agreed , Sky will have multiple cameras in use , numerous steadicams and shouldercams will be used inside and outside of The Amex.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here