save are gap LANCING web site is not happy with BHA this week.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
  • Brighton and Hove Albion’s plan for training grounds and a football academy are ambitious and aspirational, for them. However it is the sheer scale and size of a development sited so near to residential properties that is the problem. With any development there has to be a balance between the needs of the developer and those already living in the area. On balance we believe while this site may offer advantages to BHA in their search for a training ground, it will have a significant detrimental impact on nearby residents.

Go on the web site to read more !!!

• Thanks for the offer. I took you up on it and my initial perception was reinforced that it was a (very) few people with very limited self interest making a noise in the hope that others with no interest might be persuaded that some foreign behemoth was about to steamroller their carefully preserved rural idyll while the reality is a scruffy backwater with pretentions to add property value and a concern they might somehow lose out. The reality is that in years to come they will almost certainly cash in quite outrageously whether or not this development goes ahead. On this basis I very much hope that it does.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've said it before.
If I were t'albion I'd highlight 2 potential sights.

Bearing in mind the losers will more than likely be lumbered with a massive housing development, I'd let the NiMBY's fight FOR the training ground.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Will someone please think of the bats and reptiles

The people living on this estate do release that their own houses were built on land that used to home bats and reptiles??!!

I think you'll find that virtually all of those objecting actually live in caves. :thumbsup:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Save our gap has long been a favourite site of mine just for the sheer comedy value, There are times i'm not sure what's the funniest! Some of the rubbish they post or the fact they expect people to believe it?
The one problem with that site though is it's impossible to have a proper debate with them because once you start raising too many valid points they either stop publishing, or interfere with your posts as I've found out many times.
It has been said a few times on the mash barn estate that the only gap some of the local nimby's should be concerned about is the one between their ears!

D

Deleted member 22389

I'd rather be neighbours to a training ground, than 1.5k new homes.
25% of which will be social housing.

That's what'll be coming now the site has been highlighted.

Exactly. They have absolutely nothing to worry about. If the training ground does not get built there houses will. They must be a bit silly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Attachments

• Green_lizard_male.jpg
    Green_lizard_male.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 59

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
saveourgap.wordpress.com
Just had a look at the link....nice little Deer for the Aahhh! factor....lovely countryside shot of the college set in the rolling downs....lovely except the training ground is not going to be there.....can't they put a real photo up....one that shows the housing estate and the scrubland...

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks the discussion on that site is quite reasonable?! There's a patch of land that people currently use for dog walking etc and they're concerned about it being turned into a private site rather than public access with community football pitches etc. They're also worried that it will open the floodgates to joining up where they live with other towns and villages (which is what happened in London where Brixton, Streatham etc used to be individual villages.)

I know it won't be a popular view on here but I think they're entitled to question it.

Fwiw I agree the training centre would be much better than a housing estate but it would still be private and might open the doors to further development.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
My problem is that these people come out with all kinds of crap to justify their views when they are nimbys pure and simple. The only reason they are objecting is because they are frightened of change.

Why can't they just admit this?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Am I the only one who thinks the discussion on that site is quite reasonable?! There's a patch of land that people currently use for dog walking etc and they're concerned about it being turned into a private site rather than public access with community football pitches etc. They're also worried that it will open the floodgates to joining up where they live with other towns and villages (which is what happened in London where Brixton, Streatham etc used to be individual villages.)

I know it won't be a popular view on here but I think they're entitled to question it.

Fwiw I agree the training centre would be much better than a housing estate but it would still be private and might open the doors to further development.

Interesting choice of Brixton and Streatham. Why those two rather than perhaps some more local, and more recent? Exactly how long ago did the towns/villages of Brixton and Streatham actually merge?

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Interesting choice of Brixton and Streatham. Why those two rather than perhaps some more local, and more recent? Exactly how long ago did the towns/villages of Brixton and Streatham actually merge?

Ages ago, obviously. I was just making a point. A more local example might be the merger of Clayton and Keymer into Hassocks. Or more recently the big expansion of Crawley with the Maidenbower site joining up older villages.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

They're entitled to their views and opinions just as we all are and I don't think anybody has a problem with that, It's when they start making things up and trying to claim it as fact it becomes a different matter and they've done plenty of that since the site started.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Ages ago, obviously. I was just making a point. A more local example might be the merger of Clayton and Keymer into Hassocks. Or more recently the big expansion of Crawley with the Maidenbower site joining up older villages.

I get your point and everyone is allowed their views however some of the residents are completely ignoring the benefits it terms of a) bhafc buying products from the local area (see piglets pantry) b) creation of jobs c) the offer of brand new community facilities and top of the line 3G pitches and d) the fact that AiTC will hold events there so spreading their work to West Sussex.

Also I see they are getting worried about housing development, well Adur is constrained one side by the sea and to the other the National Park, so the housing people NEED will have to go somewhere. Just like when their generation needed housing it was built in farmland which housed common reptiles.

Last edited:

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
They're entitled to their views and opinions just as we all are and I don't think anybody has a problem with that, It's when they start making things up and trying to claim it as fact it becomes a different matter and they've done plenty of that since the site started.

I get your point and everyone is allowed their views however some of the residents are completely ignoring the benefits it terms of a) bhafc buying products from the local area (see piglets pantry) b) creation of jobs c) the offer of brand new community facilities and top of the line 3G pitches and d) the fact that AiTC will hold events there so spreading their work to West Sussex.

Also I see they are getting worried about housing development, well Adur is constrained one side by the sea and to the other the National Park, so the housing people NEED will have to go somewhere. Just like when their generation needed housing it was built in farmland which housed common reptiles.

Yep, I agree with both of you. Just thought I'd make the point that the development does need a proper assessment and the views of people on that site shouldn't be dismissed out of hand as some on here would like!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Snakes should be driven out of England. Horrible little bastards.

So it's a yes from me! :)

So you accept there is a increase in the chance of vehicle and snake collision ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports