save are gap LANCING web site is not happy with BHA this week.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sparky2011

Jul 17, 2011
Lancing west sussex
  • Brighton and Hove Albion’s plan for training grounds and a football academy are ambitious and aspirational, for them. However it is the sheer scale and size of a development sited so near to residential properties that is the problem. With any development there has to be a balance between the needs of the developer and those already living in the area. On balance we believe while this site may offer advantages to BHA in their search for a training ground, it will have a significant detrimental impact on nearby residents.

Go on the web site to read more !!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
  • Brighton and Hove Albion’s plan for training grounds and a football academy are ambitious and aspirational, for them. However it is the sheer scale and size of a development sited so near to residential properties that is the problem. With any development there has to be a balance between the needs of the developer and those already living in the area. On balance we believe while this site may offer advantages to BHA in their search for a training ground, it will have a significant detrimental impact on nearby residents.

Go on the web site to read more !!!

• I'd rather be neighbours to a training ground, than 1.5k new homes.
    25% of which will be social housing.

That's what'll be coming now the site has been highlighted.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
No need. We've all read the nimby objections before, those people are just a new set of names complaining about what amounts to very little in the grand scheme of things.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Do they genuinely believe that the land will be allowed to remain a largely pointless overgrown field next to an A road? If The Academy is not built there, SOMETHING will. Let's be honest, if BHAFC don't move in there, they will end up with a Tesco instead.

Bear in mind as well that whilst the academy CAN be open between 7AM and 10PM, it won't actually be open and active during much of this time. Realistically, there's only going to be so many training sessions that possibly can take place. You can't put 15 hours of stress on a human body and as many of the players will be children that applies doubly so. I honestly think they are worrying about things that aren't actually going to be happening.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
can i just post on this so Bozza does not give me hassle about having less than 100 posts....

on a serious note ive beeen to Lancing and this woud make the whole area much more qattractive,,,,

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
"Save are (sic) Gap" indeed! Property developers will be delighted to build 500 new houses on the site I'm sure.

Yes indeedy!

''save are gap'' Is it some sort of advert for a sale at the well-known American Store?

Or could it be that the poster doesn't know the difference between 'our' and 'are'? What are/our Boundstone - or whatever they call themselves now - teaching our/are kids these days?!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Do they genuinely believe that the land will be allowed to remain a largely pointless overgrown field next to an A road? If The Academy is not built there, SOMETHING will. Let's be honest, if BHAFC don't move in there, you will end up with a Tesco instead.
Are you saying the ground we want to build on isn't this:
lancing-college.jpg

?

Next you'll be saying that it's not full of large deer happily PRANCING in the fields and bees buzzing among the wildflowers. Mitt Romney may believe the Garden of Eden existed and was in Missourri, but I was led to believe from this website that it actually still exists, and is in Lancing.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Snakes should be driven out of England. Horrible little bastards.

So it's a yes from me! :)

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
What an interesting web site! I have learned that Lancing is a village .......rather a big one I guess! And that the Gap is home to herds of deer. And that Lancing is not connected to Shoreham Beach or Worthing by ribbon development.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Will someone please think of the bats and reptiles

The people living on this estate do release that their own houses were built on land that used to home bats and reptiles??!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports