Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sarmiento out on loan

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Just hope we don't have a repeat of the Ben White situation next summer. That aside, best of luck Jeremy.
Why? If we have anything like that (and we won’t cause West Brom fans aren’t delusional like Leeds fans are) it will mean he’s had a bloody good season and that’s good for us in the long run.

No way is this anything other than a loan for game time. Would hope we’ve stuck a recall clause in for January just in case he’s performing really well and we need him back for the second half of the season.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Why? If we have anything like that (and we won’t cause West Brom fans aren’t delusional like Leeds fans are) it will mean he’s had a bloody good season and that’s good for us in the long run.

No way is this anything other than a loan for game time. Would hope we’ve stuck a recall clause in for January just in case he’s performing really well and we need him back for the second half of the season.

My comment was more dedicated to what we had to endure from rival fans that summer and the constant bore of their twattery. It was also a veiled suggestion that maybe Jeremy will prove useful enough to aide them in a promotion push in what to me looks like a very tight league this coming season. I hope he's fantastic there, for both them and us.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
SINGED a new four-year contract at the same time :thumbsup:

Screenshot_20230725_205055_Albion.jpg

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Good for all parties really. He's fit now and at 21 - if he's going to be a long term number 10 hes going to have to play a lot. As long as he stays fit he's going to murder in that division and come back full of confidence.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
West Brom?! Really?!
Think it's a good choice. He needs guaranteed games and confidence. Think they're a decent club with reasonable fans and will likely be operating at the top end of the championship. Staying higher and he risks not necessarily getting enough time. I did think Luton or Burnly might have been able to accommodate him though but I'm not sure about their squads.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
I know it makes sense, but I’m also disappointed that he won’t be here this season.
IMO, he’ll be a great player - just hope he has no underlying issues which are the cause of the injuries.

I’d love to see him, goodnight and Enciso all playing together.
His last injury was a broken metatarsal picked up on international duty. Just one of those things that can happen to even the fittest of players.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
His last injury was a broken metatarsal picked up on international duty. Just one of those things that can happen to even the fittest of players.
Indeed. Its worth remembering for everyone saying he's injury prone that he Was available for most of last season and was on the bench. Just a broken bone in his foot that curtailed his season.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Oct 4, 2003
Indeed. Its worth remembering for everyone saying he's injury prone that he Was available for most of last season and was on the bench. Just a broken bone in his foot that curtailed his season.
He did have a knee injury at the start of last season that kept him out for 4 games, but other than that he was in the match day squad for every other game except one (Villa home) until he broke his foot.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Think it's a good choice. He needs guaranteed games and confidence. Think they're a decent club with reasonable fans and will likely be operating at the top end of the championship. Staying higher and he risks not necessarily getting enough time. I did think Luton or Burnly might have been able to accommodate him though but I'm not sure about their squads.
Yeah I agree in hindsight. Was expecting a move to a Europa League level side but looking at it realistically, he's barely played first team football and will have 50+ chances next season if he stays fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here