Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanchez is a very lucky boy

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yep, red for me. It was late and thus reckless and dangerous. If you manage to kick and punch someone in the head at the same time after the ball has gone I'm not sure how you don't get sent off.

Yes it wasn't deliberate, he was spreading himself to make a barrier but when that barrier smashes into a player comfortably after they've played the ball and involves jumping into and kicking and punching(or slapping/whatever you want to call being whacked by his hand) then it's a red all day. Or, apparently not.

Hats off to Liverpool for not making a big deal out of it. As has been said there are a number of teams in the league who would have been all over the ref.

Also, I thought Diaz spent the rest of the game flinging himself to the ground at every opportunity. Not sure if that was fear of what we'd do to him after his near decapitation at the hands(and foot) of Sanchez.

Sanchez has been erratic all season. He looks low on confidence too. I hope he can get his confidence back quickly and even out his form. He has a lot of positive attributes and at his best is an excellent goalkeeper. It's a shame that we don't have any real cover/competition for him or that it's an accepted part of football to take goalkeepers out of the firing line. you rest an outfield player for a few games no one says a thing. You rest a keeper and it's made into a huge thing.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere but Sanchez asked to be released from international duty due to personal reasons.
Hope is all ok with him

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Not sure how true but Newcastle supposedly looking at signing Sanchez for 20m in the summer and making him their No1.
Ashworth probably pointing them our way to take the players he rates

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure how true but Newcastle supposedly looking at signing Sanchez for 20m in the summer and making him their No1.
Ashworth probably pointing them our way to take the players he rates

Pretty sure we can safely say that's not down to Ashworth telling stories about our hidden gems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here