Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanchez is a very lucky boy

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sanchez wont be here next season. Kicking is diabolical. Distribution of the ball he probably gives at least 25% of the ball away of the whole team.

The assertion that he won't be here next season is ridiculous. The reality is that on his day he's still better than Ryan and Stockdale and spending money on a keeper is not a priority. However, there is no doubt that his form and critically his confidence seemed to have dipped leading to errors. If we can get ourselves safe this season we could start Scherpen which will let him know he's not always nailed on to start. In the close season we just need to work him hard to recover the old Big Bob from last season who looked so assured and unflappable.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
The biggest issue with Sanchez is that he has no competition to be number 1.

Steele is a number 2/3 at best.

Standards have dropped as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Sanchez is a young keeper learning his trade at the top level in this country
He will make mistakes But so far he s been doing a bloody fine job of it
Vast improvement/ upgrade on MR who wasn’t that bad a keeper If a little short
Sanchez inspires confidence The team as as a whole are suffering a dip in form
/ confidence so give the guy a break
Apart from criticism what have you added Troll 😈?
Was any of it constructive? Nah didn’t think so
Stick that fishing rod up ya arse and feck off
cant help yourself can you. Hide behind a keyboard throwing abuse at others. You seem surprised on a forum of ideas and opinions anyone dare disagree with yours. What mistake did he make? Nah dont bother replying I'd rather read others views that can construct an argument without the need to make personal remarks. What a waste of space.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If we can get ourselves safe this season we could start Scherpen which will let him know he's not always nailed on to start.

Unlikely - he’s on loan.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
The biggest issue with Sanchez is that he has no competition to be number 1.

Steele is a number 2/3 at best.

Standards have dropped as a result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say the biggest issue is we're in an atrocious run of form. Confidence throughout the team is the lowest it's been since Potter arrived. That shi@ is contagious. Every player is well below their top level. Sanchez included.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If his form dips any more, I can see him going out on loan next season at a Championship club such as Leeds.

Right, I’ll get the mugs, if you get the badges then we can make a killing in this market.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The whingy Albion way. Construct a completely false narrative that all officials are against us.

We’d win the Champions League for referee hating.

A shame that Amex attendees rarely show the same levels of noise and interest in the team.
I've done a fair bit of checking out fans' chat sites of clubs where our young loanees are playing this season - and believe me, we wouldn't!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Extremely mild.

Whilst I thought he was lucky at the time, having now seen it I think the decision was probably right.

Sanchez correctly spread himself and having watched it several times both players momentum took them into one another. I realise the biased BT pundits probably made a fuss, but Dean (no friend of ours), the VAR ref and the VAR assistant all felt it wasn’t a clear and obvious error.

All of that said, if he hadn’t scored I think Dean would have said it was a foul….

If Dean had called it a foul, surely he would have had to stop play and award Liverpool a free kick? Whether or not Sanchez ten got a card of whatever colour, I don't think Klopp would have thanked Dean for that!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've done a fair bit of checking out fans' chat sites of clubs where our young loanees are playing this season - and believe me, we wouldn't!

On the ones I look at eg Redcafe, KUMB, fightingcock, grandoldteam, posters slag off their players/boards/managers after defeats. On overdrive, relentless and cutting.

Refs not a big thing.

Parts of NSC often make it the world’s (refs/VAR) against us, in a circle the Albion wagons. Which makes not the blindest bit of difference at games, as the opposition tuck away completely fair winners.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If Dean had called it a foul, surely he would have had to stop play and award Liverpool a free kick? Whether or not Sanchez ten got a card of whatever colour, I don't think Klopp would have thanked Dean for that!

The Sanchez mixed martial arts assault was in the box, as the ball was already heading towards the net.

505A8AA7-2637-4B67-A28B-DC89B620EBD7.png

Under the age old advantage rule allow the goal, then separately deal with the recklessly endangering an opponent.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
On the ones I look at eg Redcafe, KUMB, fightingcock, grandoldteam, posters slag off their players/boards/managers after defeats. On overdrive, relentless and cutting.

Refs not a big thing.

Parts of NSC often make it the world’s (refs/VAR) against us, in a circle the Albion wagons. Which makes not the blindest bit of difference at games, as the opposition tuck away completely fair winners.
You obviously haven't been near Oatcake, Dingle Watch, AFC Chat or oneBoro then?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Sanchez mixed martial arts assault was in the box, as the ball was already heading towards the net.

View attachment 145986

Under the age old advantage rule allow the goal, then separately deal with the recklessly endangering an opponent.

I think we all know what happens when the ref blows his whistle and the VAR adjudges that he managed to blow it fractionally before the ball has crossed the line!

Last edited:

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just seen highlights. A right cock up. If he had not rushed out with ball in the air every chance would not have scored

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
There's no doubt in my mind that if the header goes wide, Sanchez gets sent off. We can moan all we like about referring bias - which is a thing sometimes - but there's no disputing that went our way today.

Sanchez is a young, very good international keeper but totally out of form. It's a shame we don't have a realistic plan b at the club. This is where the loan stuff falls down. If Sanchez had been sent off, our next best keeper kept a clean sheet today against Sutton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here