Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanchez is a very lucky boy

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As most folk are, except [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION], it seems. :rolleyes:

The whingy Albion way. Construct a completely false narrative that all officials are against us.

We’d win the Champions League for referee hating.

A shame that Amex attendees rarely show the same levels of noise and interest in the team.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Goalie runs out, star jumps. Attacker runs in dips his head to reach the ball and wallop. A coming together.
No foul. Usual twaddle from hoddle about...well, everything really. I've watched it over a few times and I say this begrudgingly. Dean got it right(and, spit, the penalty)

I’m sorry but can’t agree. Sanchez has completely misjudged the flight of the ball and clatters into Diaz. It was a very dangerous ‘challenge’. Unfair to call it a challenge too, how is Sanchez expecting to make contact with the ball with that technique? A coming together purely from the making of Sanchez’s error. Clear red!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Goalie runs out, star jumps. Attacker runs in dips his head to reach the ball and wallop. A coming together.
No foul. Usual twaddle from hoddle about...well, everything really. I've watched it over a few times and I say this begrudgingly. Dean got it right(and, spit, the penalty)

Sanchez was late - it was a foul and he should have seen red.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Worst thing was - if he didn’t come flying out, he probably saves it

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

I haven't watched it back so going on what I saw at the time; he came out, then stopped, then because he'd stopped ended up having to put in a rash challenge. He'd probably have saved it if he stayed back, or could've reached the ball cleanly if he hadn't stopped when he'd started coming out.

It does appear that he doesn't communicate particularly well with the defence, as Duffy can probably testify to.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Another poor decision by Sanchez which he should have seen his marching orders for. Would like to see Steele in goal the next game, Sanchez's form hasn't been good enough for quite a few games now and needs to be shown he is not invincible.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
A red all day long and annoying since had he been a bit more alert and committed he potential could have got there with no need to foul.

Perhaps irrelevant but didn't like how long Diaz was on the deck for when you look closely at the replay. He does undoubtedly catch him with the are but look closely at the 0.37 mark on the Sky Sports app video highlights and you can see Diaz peeping out from his hands assessing how long he needs to stay down for.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
very lucky to be playing PL football the number of times he delays the pass and then hits a 50/50 ball we win about 5% of

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My first thought was to say to my son "one down now and down to ten men as well". Was absolutely flabbergasted it wasn't a red. But then....

....this was the next thing I thought / said. Spot on.

Sanchez is young and raw. He's better than Stockdale and Ryan combined in his good moments but he's going to make mistakes at his age. The worry is more that we have neither the attacking players to make up for it, nor the centre backs to cover him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A mild version of the 1982 Harald Schumacher assault on Battiston.

What Sanchez did today has been a straight red anywhere on the pitch for c.15 years.

Astonishing decision.

I wonder if the officials wrongly felt that the goal had punished us enough?

Extremely mild.

Whilst I thought he was lucky at the time, having now seen it I think the decision was probably right.

Sanchez correctly spread himself and having watched it several times both players momentum took them into one another. I realise the biased BT pundits probably made a fuss, but Dean (no friend of ours), the VAR ref and the VAR assistant all felt it wasn’t a clear and obvious error.

All of that said, if he hadn’t scored I think Dean would have said it was a foul….

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just seen it on twatter

That is a sending off any day of the week.

Reminded me of schumakker in the World Cup trying to decapitate the forward ( french?)

Horrible challenge.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Sanchez wont be here next season. Kicking is diabolical. Distribution of the ball he probably gives at least 25% of the ball away of the whole team.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He couldn’t have been booked. Dean didn’t give it as a foul.

And VAR is not allowed to give / suggest a yellow.

Quite.

Can it be reviewed? If so my guess is Dean decided that as he didn't see it (I was watching and I didn't see it - eye drawn to the ball going in the net) he decided to leave it, and with an expectation of a post match ban delivered if something nasty has been missed.

Despite all the usual confirmation bias I thought Dean did us a lot of favours today. As some have already said, this was obviously to make up for all the bad decisions he has made against us previously due to his bias and useleness, which is well documented and captured in a massive dossier held by the EPL.

:facepalm:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
and your contribution to this thread is?

Thought so

nothing.

Sanchez is a young keeper learning his trade at the top level in this country
He will make mistakes But so far he s been doing a bloody fine job of it
Vast improvement/ upgrade on MR who wasn’t that bad a keeper If a little short
Sanchez inspires confidence The team as as a whole are suffering a dip in form
/ confidence so give the guy a break
Apart from criticism what have you added Troll 😈?
Was any of it constructive? Nah didn’t think so
Stick that fishing rod up ya arse and feck off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here