Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammy Lee - joining Southampton FC (NOT assistant manager at the Albion)

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Appreciate it's been announced & I'm a new poster unfortunately I think another club, a premier league club , have made an approach and despite announcements he's actually not signed .I think perhaps the club have jumped the gun .

Only time will tell I suppose .

Is that in the sun this morning or something? Going to Saints instead?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I sometimes have this problem as well.
The doctor told me to relax, cut down on my alcohol intake and think of a sexy ex girlfriend from my past and I will be ok.
She was right as well.

HarryFlashman

Jun 28, 2014
Don't know if it's in the Sun .I'd have posted it earlier yesterday but was waiting for my registration to be approved but yes that's what I was told he's going there .

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Over-zealous mods. Now anyone logging in might not catch the news.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Appreciate it's been announced & I'm a new poster unfortunately I think another club, a premier league club , have made an approach and despite announcements he's actually not signed .I think perhaps the club have jumped the gun .

Only time will tell I suppose .
Wasn't it Bolton that announced it rather than us? In fact, has there been an official announcement by us or is it just the argus that has reported it

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Wasn't it Bolton that announced it rather than us? In fact, has there been an official announcement by us or is it just the argus that has reported it

We certainly did announce it: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/hyypia-appoints-backroom-team-1695889.aspx

Sami is quoted "I am delighted Sammy and Antti have accepted our offer...."

They must have been pretty sure to have announced it like that! Of course, an "acceptance" might have been only verbal. A verbal acceptance is contractually binding, but you have a hell of a job proving it. Sammy not having refuted the article since it went up would go some way towards the club being able to prove that he did accept the post. However, if he is going elsewhere, I can't imagine the club seeking to enforce the contract. But the experience might well make them even more cautious about making announcements in the future...

HarryFlashman

Jun 28, 2014
We certainly did announce it: http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/hyypia-appoints-backroom-team-1695889.aspx

Sami is quoted "I am delighted Sammy and Antti have accepted our offer...."

They must have been pretty sure to have announced it like that! Of course, an "acceptance" might have been only verbal. A verbal acceptance is contractually binding, but you have a hell of a job proving it. Sammy not having refuted the article since it went up would go some way towards the club being able to prove that he did accept the post. However, if he is going elsewhere, I can't imagine the club seeking to enforce the contract. But the experience might well make them even more cautious about making announcements in the future...

I might be completely wrong but my understanding is that having had an offer he may have indicated he was happy but no more than that , things ran away from Brighton & on Friday Southampton were tipped off by the media reporting and made their approach .

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The article on the official site never actually said how long he'd singed for, thought this was a little odd but but figured it was just an oversight.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The article on the official site never actually said how long he'd singed for, thought this was a little odd but but figured it was just an oversight.

Do they usually with back room staff? I cant remember.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Least he'll be at the Amex for the Saints friendly.

Can we get some compensation towards the FFP balance ???

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I might be completely wrong but my understanding is that having had an offer he may have indicated he was happy but no more than that , things ran away from Brighton & on Friday Southampton were tipped off by the media reporting and made their approach .

I don't understand what position he would be taking at Southampton though because according to the Saints official web site they've already appointed the back room staff including an assistant manager.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I don't understand what position he would be taking at Southampton though because according to the Saints official web site they've already appointed the back room staff including an assistant manager.

Pie taster by the looks of him....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Least he'll be at the Amex for the Saints friendly.

Can we get some compensation towards the FFP balance ???

I'd imagine that he'll get a warm reception if he does turn up (dependant upon which role they have him in)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here