Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammy Lee - joining Southampton FC (NOT assistant manager at the Albion)

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Very strange appointment, hopefully he isn't around to long and is only offering his assistance to Sami whilst we search for a proper assistant

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
200+ games in the top flight. 14 international caps. Asst Mgr in the premier league supporting some of the biggest names. Experienced working with academies (on which our future is based). Knows the manager before joining.....

.....trying really hard to find what constitutes "incredibly ordinary" in that lot where it relates to the appointment of an assistant manager of a second tier club.
Maybe I need a new dictionary (or a radically different perspective)
That is a very good point, nearly well made.

I like to remind us fans we are a second division club.
I get the impression sometimes 'we' forget.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
That is a very good point, nearly well made.

I like to remind us fans we are a second division club.
I get the impression sometimes 'we' forget.

Totally - Some people seem to think that anyone less than Jose Mourinho is a disappointment.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This is nothing like the excitement we FELT when Gus and Tanno were appointed, then we PRIVILEGED to have such a managerial duo now we get a couple of REJECTS who have won nothing and WE are expected to be GRATEFUL.

If we get off to a SLOW start the BOOS will ring out AROUND the AMEX

Ernest
user-online.png

ARSonist​
Join DateNov 2003LocationLOONEY BINPosts22,068

[h=2]The QUESTIONS that must BE asked[/h]

After todays DISMAL performance and the first MUTTERINGS about Poyet these QUESTIONS must be ASKED.
Is Poyet simply El Tinselhead ?
Does Tarrico make Dean White look like Fabio Cappelo ?
Is Tony Bloom ABOUT to make his Saturday night CALL and AXE Poyet ?
To simplify is it time that Poyet el slingo el hooko ?
Will Poyet BREAK the out record tonight ?​

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Why is it a strange appointment or why hopefully he isn't around too long.

Well it's a strange appointment and really doesn't fit in with the club's current ethos and image. It's strange that we currently have a dinosaur assisting our manager, in fact I'm pretty sure posters on here have called him clueless and useless in the past few years along with many other derogatory terms. Hopefully he isn't around too long due to all the above mentioned, hopefully he is just temporarily helping out one of his ex players.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Well it's a strange appointment and really doesn't fit in with the club's current ethos and image. It's strange that we currently have a dinosaur assisting our manager, in fact I'm pretty sure posters on here have called him clueless and useless in the past few years along with many other derogatory terms. Hopefully he isn't around too long due to all the above mentioned, hopefully he is just temporarily helping out one of his ex players.

Ageist.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, I think it makes good sense to hire an assistant manager whose style complements that of his boss. Welcome Sammy.

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Experienced No2 is good, I cant think of a better realistic appointment

danny murphy was mentioned on here not long ago. i was really looking forward to him as i like what he has to say and he is an intelligent football person. so i'm a bit gutted that it's not him. however sammis our man now. it could be a great move or not, we will have to support them and lets hope we can be keep being proud of our club and the way it's run!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Gives us the opportunity for

"Sami, give us a wave, sammy sammy, give us a wave"

followed by

"We meant the other one, we meant the other one"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

You are only upset because he played for Liverpool

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Excellent news. The foundations are in place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here