Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sammy Lee - joining Southampton FC (NOT assistant manager at the Albion)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
The official announcement passed me by - going to be much embarrassment if he does end up with saints.

Really don't understand why he is in demand so much.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I might be completely wrong but my understanding is that having had an offer he may have indicated he was happy but no more than that , things ran away from Brighton & on Friday Southampton were tipped off by the media reporting and made their approach .

Hmmm. I repeat: the club statement says: "...delighted that Sammy and Antti have accepted our offer...." (my emphasis).

That's more than an indication that he was happy. PB and TB have demonstrated in the past that they do things by the book - I can't believe that that approach would suddenly have changed. I think it's much more likely that Sammy did accept and (if the rumour is true) has reneged on the deal.

Your second clause is, regrettably, entirely plausible.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ohhhh there's going to be some moist mattresses in Sussex today.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I can find nothing about him joining the Saints. Where is this reported? Everything onSkySports ect reports him joining Brighton

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can find nothing about him joining the Saints. Where is this reported? Everything onSkySports ect reports him joining Brighton

Maybe someone at Saints was watching Sky Sports on Friday and thought "Oh, hang on, he'd be useful for us"...

HarryFlashman

Jun 28, 2014

Can I say last night I only posted what I'd been told and it seems today a Sunday paper has run something similar , like I said it's wait and see but unfortunately I suspect it may be Southampton .

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I'll do it as I've been called a no2 many times.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Maybe someone at Saints was watching Sky Sports on Friday and thought "Oh, hang on, he'd be useful for us"...

Is this definitely a legit story then Bozza?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I didn't pass any comment on his appointment when it was announced because I was torn. On the one hand, he has a very impressive track record in parts and is definitely a "name". On the other hand, other parts of his track record are less good and I was aware of some of the press reporting about him, such as the Torygraph article previously linked by another poster.

However, if the rumour is true and he has reneged on his acceptance of a job with us, I will gladly sign up to to the "think we've dodged a bullet" camp. TB and PB have demonstrated consistently that they want to do things the right way. It would be asking for trouble to have on your staff someone who is prepared to renege on a deal.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If he doesn't come I'll get the feeling we've dodged a bullet. Not at all convinced by his credentials as it appears his career has taken a massive downturn in recent years and can't see him fitting our style. Also, well, he just seems a bit dodgy.......

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...cheating-agent-over-sale-of-Gavin-McCann.html
I'm with you. My heart sank when I'd heard we'd appointed him because, as you say, he seems to be going backwards.

And before some moron says it: No, I don't know what he does - but I know he's shit at it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here