Sami Hyypia

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Sami's first programme note. From now on the wearing of clothes is optional.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If he is so good, how come he was sacked with immediate effect in April? Genuine question.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
15 months were great, the last 3 not so. The latter loses were possibly due to injuries in a thin squad, possibly not. They were 4th at the time but on a one win in 12. At one point they were 2nd.

Ok. Thanks.

dabadass_209

May 9, 2014
I think we'll get him. Regardless of any WBA/Southampton rumour. Still - a former high profile player who walks into a top job, in one of the best leagues in the world - sacked 2 years later. I do worry about his mentality. I'd have a lot more faith if he had reached that level of management the right way - rather than it be handed to him on a plate because of his past playing credentials.

... saying that he'll probably be the bloke to take us to the next level.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Saw a senior person at the club this evening.

He said 'they have more people to see...'

Back to you in the studio.

In which case this place will be unbearable with Bloom and Barber out of the country for a few days.

dabadass_209

May 9, 2014
15 months were great, the last 3 not so. The latter loses were possibly due to injuries in a thin squad, possibly not. They were 4th at the time but on a one win in 12. At one point they were 2nd.

From the few minutes I have bothered to look at wikipedia - It looks like his first season in charge was a shared role with Sascha Lewandowski - they had a decent season. Lewandowski then returned to the youth setup, and Hyypia became the 1st team coach. As you said, towards the end of the season they went on a slide - 1 win in 12. Hyypia sacked, Lewandowski returns to win 4 and draw 1 out of their last 5 matches.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
From the few minutes I have bothered to look at wikipedia - It looks like his first season in charge was a shared role with Sascha Lewandowski - they had a decent season. Lewandowski then returned to the youth setup, and Hyypia became the 1st team coach. As you said, towards the end of the season they went on a slide - 1 win in 12. Hyypia sacked, Lewandowski returns to win 4 and draw 1 out of their last 5 matches.

Oh that's not good....

Dodged a bullitt then....

Seagull Crow

Sep 3, 2012
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;6385320 said:
Get Lewandowski in!

This. In some respects, he might be a better fit for us than Hyypia. That said, I would love to see what Hyypia could build here.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Where did I say that I've written him of because of his nationality? I was mealy stating that British managers get clubs promoted (from championship) and that is hard 'facts' whether people like it or not.

Who was the first foreigner to win the top flight?

When was it?

How many times has it happened since?

Since the first foreigner won the top flight, how many new British winners have there been?

Things can change FAST. I remember people saying Wenger could never win the Premier League because history said that foreigners don't win the Premier League.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Think you should **** off to the UKIP thread chump. When I say British managers it's because they get teams promoted from the Championship you mouthy mug.

I'm not one for slagging people off on here really - But you really are a 1st class cock. :tosser:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports