Sami Hyypia

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Also, Guardiola was a defensive midfielder, he's done OK in management :D

Not to mention the manager of the England WC 1966 team, Sir Alf Ramsey, was a defender.

If we want to stereotype, one could say strikers players/managers are attack minded by strategically and defensively naive and simply concede too many goals.

Personally, I don't think it matters, a good manager is a good manager whatever their playing position was.
I personally think Guardiola has stiffled Bayern with his negative tactics, they used to be a joy to watch under Jupp H.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Sacked by Bayern Leverkusen after less than a year in charge.
.............QUOTE]

On 1 April 2012, Hyypiä and under-19 coach Sascha Lewandowski were named as caretaker coaches of Bayer Leverkusen, On 15 May 2012, Hyypiä was confirmed as team manager (Teamchef) On the 5 April 2014, Hyypiä was sacked by Bayer Leverkusen with immediate effect

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Doesn't have the correct coaching qualifications.
The real success behind him and that team was Lewandowski who took all the training sessions and had to appear at all the press conferences with him.
NO THANKS !!!!!

In other words, you have no idea what you're talking about so you're going to make a random assumption? Gotcha.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The real success behind him and that team was Lewandowski who took all the training sessions and had to appear at all the press conferences with him.
NO THANKS !!!!!

Another one you can guarantee will be negative. Ignores the fact that he had them second in the league at Christmas last season on his own and they were still fourth despite a poor run when he was sacked.

Do you ever get bored with being negative all the time?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Another one you can guarantee will be negative. Ignores the fact that he had them second in the league at Christmas last season on his own and they were still fourth despite a poor run when he was sacked.

I actually think they don't, if they were positive ever they might just explode.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
NO THANKS !!!!!

Good to have someone with an objective insiders view of the inner workings of Bayern Leverkusen.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

No as long as it annoys people like you

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
It's called reality people some of you should try it every now and again and stop looking through your blue and white tinted specs.
IF ? I am proved wrong then fantastic , brilliant I admit my mistake and will admit my wrong doing to you wonderful oracles of all things Albion !

What do you expect from Albion next season ? who are you armchair managers wanting as our new manager ?
What do expect from an Albion Manager ? Well come on ????

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's called reality people some of you should try it every now and again and stop looking through your blue and white tinted specs.
IF ? I am proved wrong then fantastic , brilliant I admit my mistake and will admit my wrong doing to you wonderful oracles of all things Albion !

What do you expect from Albion next season ? who are you armchair managers wanting as our new manager ?

Seeing as you have clearly demonstrated you do not know the first thing about Hyypia, it's not 'reality' it's blind negativity.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
I really don't think it annoys Finchley, but if you get your kicks from annoying people then hey that's your call.

Only on here matey too many people who really think they know it all and know absolute nothing .

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

How about you telling us who you want, then we can pick holes in your choice.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Seeing as you have clearly demonstrated you do not know the first thing about Hyypia, it's not 'reality' it's blind negativity.

And your expert and in depth analysis on him is ????????
20/30 pages should do to start with :laugh:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Mark Lawrenson says Hyypia "didn't do a bad job in Germany as far as I could see."

Penetrating analysis there as usual.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

Sorry so because I'm not moaning about a potential new manager before he's even appointed, I'm looking at it through blue and white tinted specs! Okay, so if you're happy to slate a manager who got his team through the group stages of the Champions League last season, I think the question is more who do you want? What manager could be appointed that would stop you moaning?

I'm not guaranteeing Hyypia would be a success (nobody is guaranteed to be a success) but I would give him a chance, which it seems unlikely you would do.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
Funny how it's always the same people on here that get upset when someone else dares to have a different opinion from their elitist NSC band of know it alls !!
With their so called " sauces" makes me chuckle but you hate it just hate it when someone else outside your little gang dares to have an opinion different from yours. Ooooohhhhhhh better stop now ha ha !!!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
And your expert and in depth analysis on him is ????????
20/30 pages should do to start with :laugh:

I'm not saying I'm an expert, but lets analyze your post again.

Sacked by Bayern Leverkusen after less than a year in charge.Incorrect, he was there for just under 2 years
Doesn't have the correct coaching qualifications.Yes he does, he has now obtained all the necessary coaching badges
The real success behind him and that team was Lewandowski who took all the training sessions and had to appear at all the press conferences with him.Based on your other posts this is a complete guess, even if you've read up on this aspect it's purely an opinion. Leverkusen fans are still said to respect and like him it's just that the board wanted to act to try and maintain their Champions League spot after a poor run of form

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
I'm not saying I'm an expert, but lets analyze your post again.

Sacked by Bayern Leverkusen after less than a year in charge.Incorrect, he was there for just under 2 years
Doesn't have the correct coaching qualifications.Yes he does, he has now obtained all the necessary coaching badges
The real success behind him and that team was Lewandowski who took all the training sessions and had to appear at all the press conferences with him.Based on your other posts this is a complete guess, even if you've read up on this aspect it's purely an opinion. Leverkusen fans are still said to respect and like him it's just that the board wanted to act to try and maintain their Champions League spot after a poor run of form

Why did they sack him ???????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports