Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia doesn't speak Spanish

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's another nail in the Coffin for me!

The clubs recruitment policy has definitely changed to encourage more British players. Not sure this will give us the best chance of promotion... And all because of Sami's lack of linguistic ability. At least he's friends with Steven Gerrard.

What are you on about? What coffin?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He's trolling. That last post is an obvious troll. Nice try mate, you got 4 pages of us taking you seriously.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
They should bloody learn to speak English, if i were plying my trade in Spain I would learn to speak Spanish.

I'm sure you're being sarcastic, as all our foreign players have learned English, and in the case of people like Orlandi, speak it better than some of our other native speaking players. The new boy was reported as saying he wants to do interviews in English in 2 months. Ambitious. If he can, then that is an amazing effort.

If you're not being sarcastic, then, eh? ? ?

Last edited:

lola

Jul 28, 2014
Finland
So we have one player in a squad of 25 that does not speak English, but a manager that DOES speak English and can converse with the other 24. A number 2 and two players that can speak Spanish. I suggest that Sami learns Argentinian, Chinese, French, Swiss, Nigerian etc just in case.

Sami can speak English, Finnish, Swedish and German so there is only like 150 language to learn then :lolol:

It is bit hard for me to write English after 25-years when I left the school. Some words are not spelling right I m sure but what a h**l I don´t mind and I hope you don´t eighter???
We here in Finland have only 5 million who speak Finnish and we must learn English 6 years at least + Swedish 3 years = It is your second language by the way. Now days my doughter 11-years take English, Russian, Swedish at school we have to learn there is no option for that.

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'm sure you're being sarcastic, as all our foreign players have learned English, and in the case of people like Orlandi, speak it better than some of our other native speaking players. The new boy was reported as saying he wants to do interviews in English in 2 months. Ambitious. If he can, then that is an amazing effort.

If you're not being sarcastic, then, eh? ? ?

You sussed me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here