Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Same Sh*t, Different Day

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What about Everton's last min penalty?
This.

But even then it's almost too easy to say a specific game relegates a team. Will Watford be remembered as the have that 'kept us up'?

Difficult to judge a whole season where individual games can hinge on specific moments. If Ryan had not have saved one of the efforts today, we may have lost. But could one of those saves be regarded as the save that gains us the point that keeps us up at the end of the season?

I get what the OP is saying, but it's too easy to pin it down to one match - to a point (no pun intended!)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
This one hurts more than any other missed opportunity this season. The points we dropped at Everton were gutting, really awful but we weren't as good in that game as we were today and weren't up to much until the period around where we scored. The 0-0 against Burnley with the penalty miss, was hard to take but drawing after they had several huge opportunities either ruled out or just narrowly wide felt a bit more like a decent point. This one really is like a knife through the heart, it was one of our best attacking displays of the season but a horrendous scrambly goal completely stained the experience. Seems like we're only capable of being good at one end or the other.

This

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Today I thought the game was very open could of gone either way . Not right when we sit back too open when we really try . Is this team good enough to stay up personally I just don’t know fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Today I thought the game was very open could of gone either way . Not right when we sit back too open when we really try . Is this team good enough to stay up personally I just don’t know fingers crossed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are fantastic on the ball, we play some really slick footy. But we have no end product, either through bad decision making or not having the man pushing forward. I think we are within an inch of being a very, very good side. We will stay up, of that I have no doubt.

adub68

Jul 25, 2013
Not negative tactics but I really don't get the lack of tactical subs today - 4th game in 9 days on a very heavy pitch. The opposition make 3 subs in 60-70 period, DS and DP both looked knackered last 25mins and had no answer to Ibe dropping deeper yet we made no adjustment when they went to 5 in the middle other than when Schelloto ran out of steam.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not negative tactics but I really don't get the lack of tactical subs today - 4th game in 9 days on a very heavy pitch. The opposition make 3 subs in 60-70 period, DS and DP both looked knackered last 25mins and had no answer to Ibe dropping deeper yet we made no adjustment when they went to 5 in the middle other than when Schelloto ran out of steam.

Agreed. We were dead on our feet for the last twenty minutes, Stephens and Propper were too tired to have any effect. Propper was so tired he was having to foul people to stop attacks. Given the comments around me at the game, I really expected there to be more made of the fact Hughton refused to make any substitutions to have a positive effect (was forced into the Bruno change, and Brown was given two minutes to do something - and we gave the ball to bournemouth as soon as he came on!). They looked fresher than us towards the end, and that has to be at least in part due to their smart substitutions. I'm more frustrated by the lack of substitutions than I am with Izquierdo taking the shot instead of passing.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You might want to put that on hold for a couple of hours.

Unless Stoke put about 10 past Newcastle, (currently 0-0) that is where we'll remain at end of the day.

Southampton will push us into 13th if they beat Palace tomorrow.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
This.

But even then it's almost too easy to say a specific game relegates a team. Will Watford be remembered as the have that 'kept us up'?

Difficult to judge a whole season where individual games can hinge on specific moments. If Ryan had not have saved one of the efforts today, we may have lost. But could one of those saves be regarded as the save that gains us the point that keeps us up at the end of the season?

I get what the OP is saying, but it's too easy to pin it down to one match - to a point (no pun intended!)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Also have to consider the butterfly effect! Had we won v everton, the passage of time would have been different, our subsequent results may have been different, etc

boik

Think we are in trouble. We really needed a win today. We only have home games against two teams below us left and I don't trust us away.

50/50 staying up I would say. Relying on others to stay rubbish !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The guys on Final Score seem confident we have enough to survive. Hopefully they know what they are talking about.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The guys on Final Score seem confident we have enough to survive. Hopefully they know what they are talking about.

Who are the guys on the final score team? Do they all watch all of our games and have a great idea of how we play, and a good idea of our remaining fixtures and the home/away split of those games, and a good knowledge of how we did in the reverse fixtures, or are they basing it on scorelines and giving very little thought because we're not one of the big teams?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)

I have often struggled to understand our subs policy. When we have been winning, a tactical sub or two to burn a few minutes have not been used. And then today less than 48 hours after finishing away at the other end of the country? We were crying out for some fresh legs. Thought Knocky looked knackered towards the end as well as DS and DP. Muff finished much the fresher? Would be really interested to understand the logic of not using those subs?

boik

Who are the guys on the final score team? Do they all watch all of our games and have a great idea of how we play, and a good idea of our remaining fixtures and the home/away split of those games, and a good knowledge of how we did in the reverse fixtures, or are they basing it on scorelines and giving very little thought because we're not one of the big teams?

I was just trying to inject a note of positivity. Shouldn't bother unless we win.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I have often struggled to understand our subs policy. When we have been winning, a tactical sub or two to burn a few minutes have not been used. And then today less than 48 hours after finishing away at the other end of the country? We were crying out for some fresh legs. Thought Knocky looked knackered towards the end as well as DS and DP. Muff finished much the fresher? Would be really interested to understand the logic of not using those subs?

You see, now, I don't struggle to understand, purely because I am not a pro coach or manager, and they tend to know better than me. They watch these players day in and day out and have their tactics totally sorted. I just sit there and watch, and support. So, I don't question it, maybe I'm wrong and maybe I should be Brighton manager. One thing is for sure, there are a hell of a lot of managers on NSC and I can't wait for you to take on the hot seat. You will get my full backing with your knowledge.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I enjoyed that game. Both teams played well, although I am disappointed we didn't win it.

I am sick of our fans calling us shit every time we don't get three points. We aren't shit!

We aren't getting relegated either.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was just trying to inject a note of positivity. Shouldn't bother unless we win.

Do it on your own. Don't point to people on TV notorious for not knowing much about smaller teams - point to the more attacking game we played, and the chances created - Bournemouth were throwing themselves in the way of our shots, we could have had a hatful today! That's an improvement on recent games where we have had a lot of possession but nothing in the final third. We actually looked dangerous. The improved performances of Izquierdo and Schelotto are positives to embrace. Point to the effort put in by players who were clearly dead on their feet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here