Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints match

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having been a Brighton fan for way too long I can't help feeling that this is just the kind of game in which we are likely to put in our best performance of the season. Gus should have pretty well everyone back and fit and as they are the runaway leaders we are quite likely to raise our game.

I think we can get at least a point, am I being too optimistic? We really don't have much to lose as nobody will expect us to get anything. Avoiding a tonking is all that really matters imo.

Can't wait. All the pressure will be on them. Would have been a totally different game if we'd lost yesterday.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The last 19 teams to got to St Mary's have lost. I would be over the moon with a point

Do you think that they have any chance of keeping that up all season? They have to lose at some point.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Do you think that they have any chance of keeping that up all season? They have to lose at some point.

No, I think it would be very unrealistic to believe they will win every home game for an entire season and I'm really hoping we can win down there, it would be an enormous confidence boost for the team. But I would definitely be happy with a point

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I think this is the sort of game where we will suprise them, play really well and get a brilliant 1-0 win, or we'll get stuffed 0-4.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It would be payback for them beating us at Withers last season if we can go there & stuff them.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
It would be payback for them beating us at Withers last season if we can go there & stuff them.

No payback needed. That game was a total irrelevance as we had lorded it over them for the entirety of the season.

southwickseagull

Mar 4, 2004
southwick
The last 19 teams to got to St Mary's have lost. I would be over the moon with a point
. Didn't we go to Forest a few years ago, when they'd gone 40 games without losing, and didn't we beat em? Gus's first game,we won there, and almost 2 years to the day, we can beat em again!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

According to FL Show they have won their last 21 consecutive home games and the record stands at 25 so we can stop them breaking the record.

On a side issue is there a shopping centre or complex very near to St Marys as wife is driving me to the game and then going to go to the shops and pick me up after it.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I only hope we all take the "Mind The Gap" banter well, if we were happy to give it out we should be equally happy to take it back.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Our record at St. Mary's is pretty good innit? It's definitely sort of game we could put in a performance for, especially with a good vocal away following, which we will have.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I much prefer it when we're the underdogs as I do think we raise our game more than when we're favourites. that said we haven't done well results wise against teams near the top of the league (this year or last), so need to seriously up our game as we haven't got anywhere near the level needed to beat Saints this season

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
On a side issue is there a shopping centre or complex very near to St Marys as wife is driving me to the game and then going to go to the shops and pick me up after it.

St. Mary's is not far away from the centre of Soton (20mins walk tops). My advice would be to meet her in town unless you are unable to walk (or a JLE!) as it will be easier than trying to get close to the ground in a car after the game.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
OK the odds are against us and Saints are playing well but I reckon we will get a decent result there - might even sneak 3 points

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Our record at St. Mary's is pretty good innit? .

W1 D1 L1, I think.

Lost the game (1-2) when McGhee threw Kuipers and Knight off the bus and we ended up with Chagnieu in goal, Mayo in CM and Lynch making his debut at the back.

Drew 0-0 last year when Wood missed the pen.

Won 3-1 the previous year, in Gus' first game, live on Sky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here