Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints match

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
Don't start on Ankergren, you'll turn this into a binfest. Harper will be in goal so you don't have to worry about that anyway.

Slightly patronising comment about fitness though! Strength and size yes, but fitness not so sure

It's been widely acknowledged by several managers, that we are the fittest team in the league.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
if we have soldout,im sure they will give us another 500,apparently they are expecting to beat their record attendance

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
How the f*** does Hammond still get in that side? One of life's great mysteries.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
if we have soldout,im sure they will give us another 500,apparently they are expecting to beat their record attendance

Bo chance of getting another 500, and no, it won't be a record attendance, I'd expect around 31,000.

TottonSFC

Oct 19, 2011
How the f*** does Hammond still get in that side? One of life's great mysteries.

He's class, just obviously didn't work out for him at Brighton, that's just the way football goes.

I sincerely hope we score a route one goal just to annoy Gus. It's funny how Rickie Lambert is the difference between top of the Championship and the Bottom of League 2 (Dag and Red).

But yes we are stronger, fitter and better. The table doesn't lie and the facts about our goals in the last 15-20 minutes doesn't lie.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Bo chance of getting another 500, and no, it won't be a record attendance, I'd expect around 31,000.

soyouve contradicted another southampton fan on here,who said we will get another 500(loke west ham got),and they hope to break the record,now who do i beleive.............

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
soyouve contradicted another southampton fan on here,who said we will get another 500(loke west ham got),and they hope to break the record,now who do i beleive.............

My friend works in the ticket office. You've taken your biggest allocation I believe, 3200 is the most we give away fans. Pretty sure West Ham wern't given an extra 500 tickets either.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I have a feeling our fitness, strength and size will show in this game. However as stated, anything can happen. Hopefully it won't be like the terrible showing from you last season when you came to get a point and nothing else, I mean ankergran time wasting in the first five minutes was truely horrific. With two weeks rest we should have Fonte, Lallana and Guly back to full fitness, all three have been managing injuries the last 3 weeks, so we've been doing well to pick up points with a frist team with a couple of injuries.

We will take the game to you like we have every game this season, however unlike last season, we can break down teams that come to defend. This is in part due to the passing football we play, I don't believe any team has completed more passes than us this season. I personally believe this is down to the inclusion of Cork who is great at picking passes out.

At this stage, I believe our line up will be:

------------------------Davis

Richardson------Fonte-------Hooiveld-------Fox

Chaplow---------Cork--------Hammond----Lallana

----------------Guly--------Lambert

Bench: Bialkowski, Martin, Harding, De Ridder, Connolly.

it's not timewasting you numpty... that's the way we play, with even the goalkeeper passing the ball out from the back. Looking forward to ruining your home record immensely in two weeks!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's class, just obviously didn't work out for him at Brighton, that's just the way football goes.

I sincerely hope we score a route one goal just to annoy Gus. It's funny how Rickie Lambert is the difference between top of the Championship and the Bottom of League 2 (Dag and Red).

But yes we are stronger, fitter and better. The table doesn't lie and the facts about our goals in the last 15-20 minutes doesn't lie.

Hammond was sold (along with a couple of others) because we were desperate for money at the time.
Of course your team is fitter with a physio for a manager. :wink:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I have a feeling our fitness, strength and size will show in this game. However as stated, anything can happen. Hopefully it won't be like the terrible showing from you last season when you came to get a point and nothing else, I mean ankergran time wasting in the first five minutes was truely horrific. With two weeks rest we should have Fonte, Lallana and Guly back to full fitness, all three have been managing injuries the last 3 weeks, so we've been doing well to pick up points with a frist team with a couple of injuries.

We will take the game to you like we have every game this season, however unlike last season, we can break down teams that come to defend. This is in part due to the passing football we play, I don't believe any team has completed more passes than us this season. I personally believe this is down to the inclusion of Cork who is great at picking passes out.

At this stage, I believe our line up will be:

------------------------Davis

Richardson------Fonte-------Hooiveld-------Fox

Chaplow---------Cork--------Hammond----Lallana

----------------Guly--------Lambert

Bench: Bialkowski, Martin, Harding, De Ridder, Connolly.

Mostly agree but last season "truly awful" & "came for a draw" don't agree at all. First half you battered us because you were the first team to work out how to play us, but even Saints fans of my acquaintance agree we were the better side in the 2nd half. Also please don't get hung up on Gus' comments of last year, just a bit of mind games!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
On form they will give us a thumping, but you never know in football. We may catch them on an off-day and CMS may find his scoring boots and if Vicente is fit.............................if if if.......

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Having not read rest of thread yet, completely agree OP. Really looking forward to it (been 3 times before, but this is my first 3pm Sat visit) - nothing to lose and plenty to gain, a full-strength squad to choose from, and a chance (albeit very slim) to knock them off their perch - metaphorically speaking. If we walk away with 0 points, it'll only be the same as the previous 15 or whatever sides to visit St Mary's.

I imagine Gus will be receive a hostile reception which I'm sure he will relish..

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hammond was sold (along with a couple of others) because we were desperate for money at the time.
Of course your team is fitter with a physio for a manager. :wink:
Did he not refuse to sign a new contract that was offered. His biggest problem was the number of free kicks that he gave away just outside of the penalty box with his mistimes or poor tackling. Hope he does the same if Harley is playing. Despite what many have said if we had Lambert from the start of the season we would be very near the top if not top now as he would have made so many goals for CMS and also would have scored the penalty against Milwall..

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
Mostly agree but last season "truly awful" & "came for a draw" don't agree at all. First half you battered us because you were the first team to work out how to play us, but even Saints fans of my acquaintance agree we were the better side in the 2nd half. Also please don't get hung up on Gus' comments of last year, just a bit of mind games!

Haha, you're joking right? After the furore caused by Adkins "if they can keep up" comment.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here