Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saints match

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
A double on brighton to beat them, and then west ham win the league is 16/1. (Not a big west ham fan but would rather they won it than the saints).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They haven't lost at home since the 11th December 2010 - the game after our 0-0 draw.

They've had one draw since - v Notts County on 15th January. They've won EVERY home league game since. incredible form, really.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
The way Football is going at the moment,anything can and does happen,it would not surprise me if we did nick the points,after all ,who would have thought City would score 6 at Old Trafford.Believe,Seagulls fans,and we will win!:bhasign:

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I really think Billy Boy is going notch at some point - this could be the game for him. Like others have said before, the Stains have got to lose/draw at some point this season.
Scorecast - 1-0 win and Paytner to score. Couple of nuggets on that one for me.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
We will win this one. I know it

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Going to be a hell of an effort, but like previous posters have said, if anyone can beat them in this league, it's us. Gus has prior history and we've raised our game against better opponents this season (Sunderland and Liverpool).

If anyone looked on Palace forums prior to the 27th, the majority honestly thought we'd tonk them. And looked what happened there?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I live more in hope than expectation for this one... Will still be disappointed to lose as I always am, but not suicidal... As long as we play well and do ourselves justice... We can never ask for more than that, can we?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree with Muzzy: their form alone this season suggests a minor hammering.

I am not without hope, of course, but any idiot looking on independently would have them as massive favourites.

In fact it's typical of the myopic, Premier League-obsessed media that so many of them still have West Ham as title favourites. They all underestimated Norwich last season and it rather looks as though they're doing the same for Southampton. Smacks of us last season: how long did it take before the world outside Brighton & Hove realised we weren't going to drop off?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The way Football is going at the moment,anything can and does happen,it would not surprise me if we did nick the points,after all ,who would have thought City would score 6 at Old Trafford.Believe,Seagulls fans,and we will win!:bhasign:

I feel exactly the same they are doing really well but it's football the bubble will burst why not us.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Cant wait for this match

Just got train ticket on line and it was only fifteen pounds return from Hove

As for the result and scoreline. Naturally a win would be the best but as long as we play well I will be happy.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I have a feeling our fitness, strength and size will show in this game. However as stated, anything can happen. Hopefully it won't be like the terrible showing from you last season when you came to get a point and nothing else, I mean ankergran time wasting in the first five minutes was truely horrific. With two weeks rest we should have Fonte, Lallana and Guly back to full fitness, all three have been managing injuries the last 3 weeks, so we've been doing well to pick up points with a frist team with a couple of injuries.

We will take the game to you like we have every game this season, however unlike last season, we can break down teams that come to defend. This is in part due to the passing football we play, I don't believe any team has completed more passes than us this season. I personally believe this is down to the inclusion of Cork who is great at picking passes out.

At this stage, I believe our line up will be:

------------------------Davis

Richardson------Fonte-------Hooiveld-------Fox

Chaplow---------Cork--------Hammond----Lallana

----------------Guly--------Lambert

Bench: Bialkowski, Martin, Harding, De Ridder, Connolly.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Don't start on Ankergren, you'll turn this into a binfest. Harper will be in goal so you don't have to worry about that anyway.

Slightly patronising comment about fitness though! Strength and size yes, but fitness not so sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here