Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Can't we get away from the idea of "Here's an Albion player who's short on confidence - lets announce on a message board that he's useless and completely destroy the bloke."

I would rather Harley concentrate on getting back in the team than reading an internet message board.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I think he's a decent player at this leve., we took him off Swansea when they went up to the Premier League, so to only pay £250,000 (according to the argus) is a top bit of business in my view

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think he's good enough for the Championship, definitely. It just hasn't really happened for him with us yet. Whether he'll get another chance or not, I don't know. He probably will.

He seems like the kind of player that, if we were doing well, he would be really good, but not the kind of player you need when you are struggling and desperate for points. So it's a bit of a shame that he hasn't really been involved since we went on this good run, as it would have done his confidence the world of good.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I would rather Harley concentrate on getting back in the team than reading an internet message board.

Fair comment.
But some players foolishly do. My point was that after many grim seasons we find ourselves on the edge of the championship play offs. It does seem a tad bizarre to start a negative thread the morning after a win against a strong side. I was moaning with the best of them after the poor display at Coventry when few players did themselves justice.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I think he's good enough for the Championship, definitely. It just hasn't really happened for him with us yet. Whether he'll get another chance or not, I don't know. He probably will.

He seems like the kind of player that, if we were doing well, he would be really good, but not the kind of player you need when you are struggling and desperate for points. So it's a bit of a shame that he hasn't really been involved since we went on this good run, as it would have done his confidence the world of good.

The voice of reason.......surely nobody can argue against this !!!!!!!

webgrecian

Feb 15, 2012
Exeter City fan here. We often said the same things about Harley on our message boards. He can be incredibly frustrating at times but has the skill to turn a game in an instant. You can tell how much we miss him from our league position last year with him and our position now without him. Moving up to the Championship is, of course, a step up in quality. I'm sure if he plays himself into the team, and the level, he can make a significant contribution. If not, we'll have him back :)

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
U
Exeter City fan here. We often said the same things about Harley on our message boards. He can be incredibly frustrating at times but has the skill to turn a game in an instant. You can tell how much we miss him from our league position last year with him and our position now without him. Moving up to the Championship is, of course, a step up in quality. I'm sure if he plays himself into the team, and the level, he can make a significant contribution. If not, we'll have him back :)

Please feel free to take him back for 250k! Other than one free kick on his debut he has done pretty much nothing of note except look half hearted, put in a shocker against our biggest rival, dodge 50/50s and take too long on the ball slowing down play. some folk round here claim to have seen a decent touch and eye for a pass but i must have blinked. I cant ever see it happening for him here and am sure hed love to go back to you were its all a bit easier to look good.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Burnley at home. Those first 10 minutes he showed what he's all about, he was spreading passes about all over the place and bringing others into the game. He started brilliantly, as did the whole team. And then all of a sudden.... :down:

How different things would be, I have no doubt at all. His time will come again.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Burnley at home. Those first 10 minutes he showed what he's all about, he was spreading passes about all over the place and bringing others into the game. He started brilliantly, as did the whole team. And then all of a sudden.... :down:

I'm convinced those ridiculous red cards cost us three points that day - we looked like we were going to hammer them. Thanks very much, Mr Pawson. Could seriously cost us come the end of the season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'm convinced those ridiculous red cards cost us three points that day - we looked like we were going to hammer them. Thanks very much, Mr Pawson. Could seriously cost us come the end of the season.

LuaLua was cutting inside and hitting shots, CMS had a good shot, even Barnes fired one toward goal. Harley himself had a pop at one point and was getting in the sort of spaces we need to be getting him in regularly. It looked like it was going to be one heck of a good game for the good guys, we might even have scored into the elusive South end goal. But alas, in stepped Mr Pawson. Not going to forget that game in a hurry, though.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The Fourth Official intervention for Vincelot's one still baffles me. When are they supposed to intervene - how often does it actually happen? They must see things all the time that the ref misses but don't do anything. Someone needs to make the rules clear there. If they are meant to be another linesman, then they should be calling stuff all the time. If it had happened over the other side of the pitch to the dugouts nothing would have been done! Ridiculous.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Sorry but did anyone have an actual answer as to what is going on with Harley?

I did have a read of the Exeter forum and they really liked him, although there were similar criticisms about his inability to break peoples legs and his lackadaisical style.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He is completely out of favour. Simple as that. Difficult to argue with aswell, considering recent form. And with Dicker to come back in, he's going to have to be amazing in training to get another chance.

zoogull

zoogull
May 29, 2008
Herstmonceux
Let's remember that we have a long way to go yet. A spate of injuries could well see us needing the fringe players.
Don't forget also that a few weeks back the likes of Sparrow and Navarro were both being slagged off, and Vicente is not likely to have an extended run in the side either.
We have Hoskins on loan to Sheff Utd. Perhaps loaning out Harley could give him experience of the big games?

An ouf hionirnr

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
U

Please feel free to take him back for 250k! Other than one free kick on his debut he has done pretty much nothing of note except look half hearted, put in a shocker against our biggest rival, dodge 50/50s and take too long on the ball slowing down play. some folk round here claim to have seen a decent touch and eye for a pass but i must have blinked. I cant ever see it happening for him here and am sure hed love to go back to you were its all a bit easier to look good.

Don 't forget his stunning penalty against Millwall!

U

Strange - I thought he had scored against Barnsley but presumably that does not count in the minds of people who do not like him.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He did score against Barnsley. lets say that neutralises that awful pen at Millwa which i didnt mention either. I cant see him moving on anyway as he is one of our top earners and unlikely anyone is going to pay him the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here