Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ryan Harley

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Had lots of chances, failed to deliver big time, time to move on as he is not going to get near the bench with the midfield options weve got now.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally, I think he can be written off for this season, but with a good pre-season he may still prove an asset. Hopefully this is the jolt he needs.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
The way the last couple of weeks have gone, this has the hallmarks of being bounced in five weeks time, when he scores two 35 yard free kicks, and sets up Vicente's hattrick

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
I see him maybe getting a cameo subs role to see if he can prove something, but long term I don't really see room in our plans for him.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The way the last couple of weeks have gone, this has the hallmarks of being bounced in five weeks time, when he scores two 35 yard free kicks, and sets up Vicente's hattrick

Gets caught in possession far too often
Can't or won't tackle
Slows play down to his own pace.
Can't run with the ball
Not on the same wave length as others

He's scored one free kick all season so the likelihood of Harley being bounced back because he's improved is pretty remote I'd say. Totally inept player on all fronts.......not good enough at this level

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

Possibly, but I can't see him getting near the pitch again. He's got Bridcutt, Navarro, Sparrow, JFC and Vicente all ahead of him in the pecking order, and in a few weeks time Dicker will be ahead of him too. We'd need to have another serious injury crisis for him to get involved again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can't or won't tackle
Can't run with the ball

He's scored one free kick all season so the likelihood of Harley being bounced back because he's improved is pretty remote I'd say. Totally inept player on all fronts.......not good enough at this level

Swansea saw enough in him to beat us for his signature a year ago, only releasing him because they got promoted. He must have something about him for Gus to have wanted to buy him twice last year.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Swansea saw enough in him to beat us for his signature a year ago, only releasing him because they got promoted. He must have something about him for Gus to have wanted to buy him twice last year.

True but him not being anywhere near the 1st team squad is down to Gus surely?

I still hope he comes good because he SHOULD fit our style perfectly. Maybe its one of those when in theory he's perfect, in practice he's just not right.

He reminds me of Murray when he was in his "can't be arsed phases"... Hopefully he'll prove us wrong and push us up. I don't see it though as the competition us too fierce.

Sent by the power of Gus' tactical genius

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Can't or won't tackle
Can't run with the ball

Don't forget the goal against Barnsley.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The most disappointing signing from Poyet IMO. I can't believe we paid money for this clown! Whenever he plays he just seems to be on a completely different wavelength from the rest of the team. Loan him out for the rest of the season, and we'll see what he's like after a good old Gus pre-season.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
The most disappointing signing from Poyet IMO. I can't believe we paid money for this clown! Whenever he plays he just seems to be on a completely different wavelength from the rest of the team. Loan him out for the rest of the season, and we'll see what he's like after a good old Gus pre-season.

I don't think sending Ryan out on loan would achieve anything. I think Gus needs him with the squad so he can adjust and fit in with our way of playing. The trouble is we never see what goes on in training so we have to base our opinions around a few appearances. I think we will have to trust Gus on this one. UTA

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
NSC don't like him so Gus obviously won't pick him again.

Sarcasm aside, difficult to get him as the same team as Vicente and Buckley without even trying to get Noone or LuaLua in the mix.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here