Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian cowards

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Just read the thread and was in Marseille over the weekend....

Now, I dont condone violence, do not go looking for it and was there for football and beers. England fans were being attacked left right and centre in the Port area. We visited there Friday night and groups of people (turns out ot be russians from all accounts) were causing as much disruption as possible. anyone or thing in the way was getting messed up.

We soon got the metro out of there towards our apartment.

Saturday came, woke up went to the fanzone all day, enjoyed the two games that were on and walked to the stadium, didnt see any trouble at all as we avoided the port.

what happened in the stadium was an absolute joke, we werent searched at all to get into the ground, volunteers were working within the ground with no actual stewards where we were sat! Luckily, we were not in the stand the russians attacked and promptly left.

We didnt see any mroe violence outside the stadium when we left and went back to our apartment.

Over the days I was in the city I avoided the port area and enjoyed what Marseille has to offer.

I have 2 points, 1 - who ever wanted to find the violence could go down to the port area to the english/Irish bars and find it, if you didnt want to find it, like we didnt, then we visited the fanzone or other parts of the city.

2 - I know that some have defended and some have attacked England fans, when we go away with the albion you find a bar, stick together, sing some songs and go off to the match. Many find this acceptable, including myself. However, in another city with a different culture, is 100s of fans putting their own flags up and singing with beer flying everywhere not just bringing unwanted attention to yourselves?

No one deserves to go and get beaten up if they are innocently watching a football game, its just plain wrong! But a certain amount of our fans dont help themselves!

Just read the thread and was in Marseille over the weekend....

Now, I dont condone violence, do not go looking for it and was there for football and beers. England fans were being attacked left right and centre in the Port area. We visited there Friday night and groups of people (turns out ot be russians from all accounts) were causing as much disruption as possible. anyone or thing in the way was getting messed up.

We soon got the metro out of there towards our apartment.

Saturday came, woke up went to the fanzone all day, enjoyed the two games that were on and walked to the stadium, didnt see any trouble at all as we avoided the port.

what happened in the stadium was an absolute joke, we werent searched at all to get into the ground, volunteers were working within the ground with no actual stewards where we were sat! Luckily, we were not in the stand the russians attacked and promptly left.

We didnt see any mroe violence outside the stadium when we left and went back to our apartment.

Over the days I was in the city I avoided the port area and enjoyed what Marseille has to offer.

I have 2 points, 1 - who ever wanted to find the violence could go down to the port area to the english/Irish bars and find it, if you didnt want to find it, like we didnt, then we visited the fanzone or other parts of the city.

2 - I know that some have defended and some have attacked England fans, when we go away with the albion you find a bar, stick together, sing some songs and go off to the match. Many find this acceptable, including myself. However, in another city with a different culture, is 100s of fans putting their own flags up and singing with beer flying everywhere not just bringing unwanted attention to yourselves?

No one deserves to go and get beaten up if they are innocently watching a football game, its just plain wrong! But a certain amount of our fans dont help themselves!

And if the Englands didn't go to the port? Where do you think the russian thugs would have tried next! The fan zone on the beach got attacked in 98.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Im not tarring a whole nation with the same brush but we've experienced the same in several places throughout the world. The latest was in Mauritius in Feb of all places, my heart sank when I walked in and saw a group of Russians at the bar and true to form they were the biggest bunch of bellends in an otherwise quiet, family orientated hotel. They simply lack the social skills to mix with other nationalities, im not talking your brits in magaluf type scenario where you expect to see ****wittery, they are bringing their own special sort of 'culture' to some of the classier places around and they stick out like a sore thumb - and really don't give a shit about it.

Off to Mexico again next week, thank feck they haven't arrived there...yet.

I have yet to meet a Russian who hasn't been an obnoxious oaf. The men are as bad.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
If these organised and trained Russian thugs want a proper fight, hows about Putin pulls them away from the main football supporter crowds where they're picking on shirters and scarfers just there to get pissed and have fun. We could then fly in all of England's currently banned ugliest nastiest nutters (Millwall, Birmingham, Leeds, you name it). And stick the whole lot in a giant cage somewhere. Let them sort each other out. "Pick on someone your own size".

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If these organised and trained Russian thugs want a proper fight, hows about Putin pulls them away from the main football supporter crowds where they're picking on shirters and scarfers just there to get pissed and have fun. We could then fly in all of England's currently banned ugliest nastiest nutters (Millwall, Birmingham, Leeds, you name it). And stick the whole lot in a giant cage somewhere. Let them sort each other out. "Pick on someone your own size".

Yeah but Yeah, That defeats the whole purpose of being a thug.... picking on someone who is weaker and vulnerable is what thugs do

£10 on the ruskies!

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
hpKUYZ_w6YY.jpg

Whoever owns this flag you can apply to get it back here http://orelbutchers.borda.ru/

England's finest?

I thought you were a misguided tool before but that comment just about seals it.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

So you enjoy watching English fans getting ambushed and battered unconscious without any warning?
Just saying they'd never have got away with it if our lot were up for it.
I wasn't advocating trouble.

Sent from the head of Keane in stoppage time

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So you enjoy watching English fans getting ambushed and battered unconscious without any warning?
Just saying they'd never have got away with it if our lot were up for it.
I wasn't advocating trouble.

Sent from the head of Keane in stoppage time
No I do not enjoy watching England's fans being beaten unconscious etc etc etc.

Your language was full of bravado and the inference for revenge.

Sent from the boot of Lingard

I'd imagine most of that lot would Papp their knickers aswell,as with all hoolies,they'll all be wind and piss.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Still in Marseille and travelling up to Lille tomorrow. Having some beers and just had a group of 12 Russians stick a '88' sticker on our table and walk off.

Delightful bunch

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I know it's no laughing matter but this did make me chuckle.

[tweet]742788149038985220[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here