[Politics] Russia invades Ukraine (24/02/2022)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't.

Some of the people fighting for Russia are committing terrible war crimes, and they deserve the worst fate. Many are just young Russian men sent to a war they knew nothing about. Fundamentally I want the Russian soldiers to lose because Ukrainians are the real victims of the war, but I don't believe they all deserve to suffer.

I agree. There are the evil Kadyrovsky and other units but also the young saps duped into it.

It makes me think though. Some Russian units fled North from Kyiv back to Belarus.

These units are now being transported by rail East then South to the Donbas.

Surely most of the saps won't want to go back in and I would suppose are deserting on route ? ???

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
A lot of the Kadyrovsky were killed at Hostomel airport ( Kyiv) along with one of their generals.

It is not really a stretch to suppose that the surviving Kadyrovsky were responsible for some of the atrocities. This will be verified as true or false by the investigations over time.

Good points, the ones on social media are trying to give Kadyrov good PR (the Kremlin sends him billions to spend on his army and to remain loyal).

These are the ones being parodied. Interestingly there are Chechens fighting for Ukraine (Putin did have a war with them after all).

Dec 29, 2011
Le Tissier’s become a grade A cnt.

Looks like he’s following a similar path to Holocaust deniers.

Laughably, you can bet that he considers himself well read, after extensive study of the net.

These people are a dream to Putin.

"Do you own research" seems to have become the war cry of the uneducated and naive.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Laughably, you can bet that he considers himself well read, after extensive study of the net.

Mental isn't it. We get weird people like him posting here sometimes. What causes it? On the face of it (probably not correct) it seems to be a combination of stupidity mixed with delusions of grandeur. Forest Gump was a decent man - he was stupid, but he knew he was stupid, so he didn't bother the world with madness. It feels only natural that we all have a basic understanding of our limitations. Surely the idiots, that believe the lines coming out of Russia, failed at school and have always been aware that they're a bit stupid?

I can't make sense of it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just having a glance at Le Tissier’s wild tweets over the last couple of years, covering Biden, atrocities in Ukraine, Covid …. he’s appears to be making a David Icke style journey.

His latest tweet describes this as “his work”. He’s courting Trump supporters across the pond.

The internet’s gone to his head, he sees this as his destiny.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Precisely what some of the seemingly well-informed reporters have been saying (see @Trent Telenko on twitter for example). Those higher up in the forces - all part of the corrupt gravy train - have been creaming off cash (overstating staff numbers and getting paid for soldiers that don’t exist, claiming maintenance costs for equipment and pocketing it etc etc) for years, leaving the underlying battalions understaffed and poorly equipped.

I read thats why Shoigu got the gig as Defence sec, the fella before was actually doing the job properly, trying to cut corruption and theft and get max return for each rouble to transform the military....but it started to piss off the powerful officienados on the take who were all grumbling, so he was binned and a nice pliant yes man was put in, who wouldnt challenge and the graft continued. Seen videos of food rations with BBE 2013 and saw one from a tanks medical kit, was a bandage in a packet, with full hammer and sickle and date of 1978!

on a different note, just found myself agreeing with Guy Verhofstadt for possibly the first time ever :moo:

[tweet]1511667812137377804[/tweet]

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
A lot of the Kadyrovsky were killed at Hostomel airport ( Kyiv) along with one of their generals.

It is not really a stretch to suppose that the surviving Kadyrovsky were responsible for some of the atrocities. This will be verified as true or false by the investigations over time.

Nothing I've seen suggests theyve actually got the stomach for a proper fight with Ukrainian military..... Just go after low hanging fruit, killing/torturing civillians and making cringe tik tok videos.

Not only would it be the biggest pleasure to see Putin fall, but also Kadyrov who hides behind his bearded thugs and Putins patronage...... a glorified ass licker.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Just having a glance at Le Tissier’s wild tweets over the last couple of years, covering Biden, atrocities in Ukraine, Covid …. he’s appears to be making a David Icke style journey.

His latest tweet describes this as “his work”. He’s courting Trump supporters across the pond.

The internet’s gone to his head, he sees this as his destiny.

Having spent a fair bit of time in Guernsey, as my brother lives there.
My opinion is that he is probably suffering from the ultimate small island mentality.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Might be wrong but wasn't he a Covid denier as well ?

He falls for every crackpot theory Professor YouTube feeds him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Forgive me from diverging from the war but some light relief…

[tweet]1511745178452824065[/tweet]

[tweet]1511749696187994118[/tweet]

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Forgive me from diverging from the war but some light relief…

[tweet]1511745178452824065[/tweet]

[tweet]1511749696187994118[/tweet]

Good spot. George Galloway (from now on, also known as 'Russia state-affiliated media', gets so angry doesn't he?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We've sent £35billion to Russia since the war started, almost 1billion a day, sanctions my arse.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't.

Some of the people fighting for Russia are committing terrible war crimes, and they deserve the worst fate. Many are just young Russian men sent to a war they knew nothing about. Fundamentally I want the Russian soldiers to lose because Ukrainians are the real victims of the war, but I don't believe they all deserve to suffer.

Agree……as well as loads of the conscripts sent into this untrained, ill-equipped and without a clear objective, I feel as sorry for countless ordinary Russians who have been lied to and will now face decades of hardship due to the lunacy of a single man and a handful of sycophants. It’s desperately sad all round.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mental isn't it. We get weird people like him posting here sometimes. What causes it? On the face of it (probably not correct) it seems to be a combination of stupidity mixed with delusions of grandeur. Forest Gump was a decent man - he was stupid, but he knew he was stupid, so he didn't bother the world with madness. It feels only natural that we all have a basic understanding of our limitations. Surely the idiots, that believe the lines coming out of Russia, failed at school and have always been aware that they're a bit stupid?

I can't make sense of it.

Being stupid is like being dead. You don’t know you’re dead. It’s not hard on you, just all those around you.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Agree……as well as loads of the conscripts sent into this untrained, ill-equipped and without a clear objective, I feel as sorry for countless ordinary Russians who have been lied to and will now face decades of hardship due to the lunacy of a single man and a handful of sycophants. It’s desperately sad all round.

De Maistre (1753-1821) said: "Every nation gets the government it deserves".

I have no sympathy for the old "tow the party line" f*****s in Russia. The sooner they die the better. I feel sorry for the
youth of the country who are basically f****d for the next 30 years minimum.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The question was "I'm just wondering with how poorly Russia has maintained their equipment, are their nukes actually still effective? "

How many of their nukes need to still be effective?
Just one.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Got lots of Bulgarian drivers in my DHL depot. Most think the sun shines out of Putins arse because the Russians rescued them from the Ottoman Empire well over 100 years ago !! MSM conspiracy theory Hunter Biden etc etc

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Got lots of Bulgarian drivers in my DHL depot. Most think the sun shines out of Putins arse because the Russians rescued them from the Ottoman Empire well over 100 years ago !! MSM conspiracy theory Hunter Biden etc etc

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Ah, the saviour that is 169 year old Putin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports