Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Brand Urges Us To Vote Labour

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
That would be true...if you could call RB a comedian...nothing funny about a guy who preaches 'Save the poor' (Robin Hood...Nah!) whilst living the life of a multi millionaire,destroying a real comedian by saying he bedded his grandaughter...yeah,really funny...not!

Whether you fined him funny or not is neither here nor there. Clearly many people do. I can only guess that the vitriol that comes out of NSC's members of the, lets say, right of center, is from fear he may actually influence people. Which is pretty funny for a comedian who isnt funny, and means nothing politically.

Last edited:

Whosh51

Aug 27, 2014
Brand and 'Millibrand' A prize pair of twats the pair of them. the quick route to a Greek economy.

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm sorry but I don't see how any of the multi millionaire celebs can take the high ground on any of these matters, I bet they have very good accountants, living in multi million pound homes, or paying a months worth of rent that would take us four years to earn.
Go away.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I'm sorry but I don't see how any of the multi millionaire celebs can take the high ground on any of these matters, I bet they have very good accountants, living in multi million pound homes, or paying a months worth of rent that would take us four years to earn.
Go away.

True, I hate seeing Farage (man of the people) suffer financially, he had to go all the way to Brussels to vote agains more transparent financial dealings regarding expenses and other funding last week. In the middle of an election campaign!! Poor sod.

D

Deleted member 22389

True, I hate seeing Farage (man of the people) suffer financially, he had to go all the way to Brussels to vote agains more transparent financial dealings regarding expenses and other funding last week. In the middle of an election campaign!! Poor sod.

They are all the same Dave, I will admit that, and I understand my leader Farage does very well out of things too, but should he win the seat he will step down from his EU job. I don't think you can do both anyway. There is one thing Farage has done, he has met the people throughout the year, not rushed around at the last minute like the other leaders trying to win votes.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
They are all the same Dave, I will admit that, and I understand my leader Farage does very well out of things too, but should he win the seat he will step down from his EU job. I don't think you can do both anyway. There is one thing Farage has done, he has met the people throughout the year, not rushed around at the last minute like the other leaders trying to win votes.

but his only job was to campaign for the last year, the other leaders were kind of busy, being in government and opposition.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
but his only job was to campaign for the last year, the other leaders were kind of busy, being in government and opposition.

And that's what he did... on behalf of the defectors, rather than himself. If you're questioning integrity, I don't think you can touch Farage. He's been hammering away at the anti-EU thing for years and years. Now it resonates more, and he's become more successful. It is the model of a politician, whether you agree or not.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

Agree they are all at it, but his only job was to campaign for the last year, the other leaders were busy

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sounds like Brand has realised the implications of his ridiculous stance on not voting. He's finally making some sense at last.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
And that's what he did... on behalf of the defectors, rather than himself. If you're questioning integrity, I don't think you can touch Farage. He's been hammering away at the anti-EU thing for years and years. Now it resonates more, and he's become more successful. It is the model of a politician, whether you agree or not.

Im not particularly questioning anything. My post was in response to Bash saying that at least he spent time campaigning, rather than the other leaders last minute efforts.

Farage and integrity? His actions have helped hurt British fisherman in particular, and last week, he went to Brussels, to vote against more transparency regarding expenses and party funding. Why would a man of integrity do that?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Sounds like Brand has realised the implications of his ridiculous stance on not voting. He's finally making some sense at last.

Shame he didn't have his little epiphany (which people generally have at about half his age) before the deadline for registering to vote.

He really is the definition of a charlatan.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Shame he didn't have his little epiphany (which people generally have at about half his age) before the deadline for registering to vote.

He really is the definition of a charlatan.

I quite like Brand, but I completely agree with you about the timing of his u-turn. His position on not voting was utter nonsense. Especially as it looks the Con-Lib coalition may actually get to limp on for another five years brutally kicking the crap out of everyone in their way and destroying what slivers of public service ethic we have left in this country. Those missing voters could prove to be the difference in a close race. I'd quite happily give him a slap for that.

D

Deleted member 22389

Im not particularly questioning anything. My post was in response to Bash saying that at least he spent time campaigning, rather than the other leaders last minute efforts.

Farage and integrity? His actions have helped hurt British fisherman in particular, and last week, he went to Brussels, to vote against more transparency regarding expenses and party funding. Why would a man of integrity do that?

If that's the case I will still vote UKIP, like other people who are allowed to brush things aside when problems occur in their parties. We are all no different here.
At least I know where UKIP stand, I don't know where the other parties stand. They all sound the same to me.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
If that's the case I will still vote UKIP, like other people who are allowed to brush things aside when problems occur in their parties. We are all no different here.
At least I know where UKIP stand, I don't know where the other parties stand. They all sound the same to me.

Except that Nige has made the idea that he *is* different from the others a keystone of UKIP's campaign. His "look at me I'm a normal bloke and they've never done a real day's work in their lives" act sticks in the craw when it comes from a man who went to a public school, worked as a city trader and then went straight in to politics. Like many other things, a real day's work is relative.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It seems like Russell's brand of politics may have changed.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Brands original point of not voting makes even more sense now.

Isn't a vote based on the opinions of people like Brand worse than someone choosing not to vote altogether?

Why vote if you don't know what you're voting for?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here