Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour Bloom preparing to sell club

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
this is one of those things that makes no sence when you apply context and history. Barber has been here 2 years, Burke longer. why would Bloom not be enjoying responsibility of the role now? (other than the results, and bedwetters...)

Well maybe he thought he'd get the training ground done first? I'm honestly not sure just posting what I was told, I know Bloom spends a lot of his time in Aus so some aspects must be fairly awkward for him. I know we are trying to adhere to FFP but I can't see why some think it 'appears' the club is being prepared for sale..

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I don't want some Australian. I insist on an oil sheik. A dodgy Russian is a barely acceptable second-best. Or perhaps a crooked Thai politician. But that's it.

Premiership-ready, and all that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Of course Packer does have Sussex connections. He must have spent a fair bit of time at his fathers estate at Rogate.

I think James sold it after KP died - to Roman Abramovich.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well maybe he thought he'd get the training ground done first? I'm honestly not sure just posting what I was told, I know Bloom spends a lot of his time in Aus so some aspects must be fairly awkward for him. I know we are trying to adhere to FFP but I can't see why some think it 'appears' the club is being prepared for sale..

The only report on google mentioning bloom & packer in same quote, is orlando bloom sniffing after james packers ex, erica.
No disrespect, but I think the rumour is so surreal.

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
The only report on google mentioning bloom & packer in same quote, is orlando bloom sniffing after james packers ex, erica.
No disrespect, but I think the rumour is so surreal.

No, they've got that wrong, it's the other way round.
It's Jamie Packer getting it on with Orlando Bloom's ex-wife, model Miranda Kerr.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/cel...ell-brawl-wasnt-about-me-20140818-105dof.html

Miranda-Kerr-Biography.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What if...

Tony Bloom has always been a supreme strategist, and he's clearly not going to simply accept that the current status quo will remain forever.

So, what I'm theorising is, that Tony, having discussed FFP with experts, like QPRs legal team (which they no longer need, having gone and got themselves promoted), and that Kieran Maguire chap off the TV and radio, has come to the conclusion that as soon as the Football League try to impose any sort of sanction for infringement of FFP rules the whole thing will collapse.

With this in mind, he's doing the groundwork to add some extra financial clout onto the board, not selling up all, but some of the club, so that post FFP we're best placed to be fully competitive as soon as the brakes are off.

Just a thought I had last night.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
TB is a very good businessman. He has invested nearly £150m in this club. I very much doubt he's invested 75% of his wealth in the club. That would be a big risk given the nature of football.

I would guess he's probably worth 1b+ for the size of investment he has put in.

I think he's holding back until he feels the time is right to push for the Prem. In my view in about 5 years once the academy starts to bear fruit. Meaning we're much more likely to stay in the prem.

Don't disagree with any of that except perhaps his wealth.

More importantly how accessible is his wealth? If it's all tied up in investments that are difficult to back out of or he's putting money into a big project that needs yet more funding then maybe he needs the liquidity?

I agree entirely that the timing of any sale looks wrong but things happen in life, even to the most wealthy, that require a change in course.

As I said earlier, unlikely but not out if the question

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
this is one of those things that makes no sence when you apply context and history. Barber has been here 2 years, Burke longer. why would Bloom not be enjoying responsibility of the role now? (other than the results, and bedwetters...)

Before that was Ken Brown & John Stephenson. Tony Bloom delegated roles as soon as he took over as chairman.

Rumours are all the same. The first one I saw on Nsc was someone was told by a cabbie!! Then it died down for a couple of weeks, then back on Nsc, then Twitter and now back on Nsc again.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So either:
a) Astute businessman and Albion fan TB sells BHAFC at a loss to investor JP.
b) Astute businessman JP pays well over the odds for BHAFC knowing he'll never see a return on his investment.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
So either:
a) Astute businessman and Albion fan TB sells BHAFC at a loss to investor JP.
b) Astute businessman JP pays well over the odds for BHAFC knowing he'll never see a return on his investment.

or,
Aussi businessman with more money than sense lends his mate TB a bucketful of cash to set up a football club on his behalf as TB is more likely to get suuport and get it pushed through planning than he would be.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
or,
Aussi businessman with more money than sense lends his mate TB a bucketful of cash to set up a football club on his behalf as TB is more likely to get suuport and get it pushed through planning than he would be.

So why doesn't JP just buy an established EPL club like Villa or West Ham ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here