Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour Bloom preparing to sell club

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
He just needs a right hand man really...little bit more investment on the playing side is all that's required...I can see some changes,but not for a while.

Depends what the finances are like. Has it even been his money? There was speculation/rumour/bullshit that he was only the frontman for someone else.

Nothing wrong with it whether true or false as this is how big business is played.

Disclaimer:- "This may only be an exagerated flippant off the cuff opinion from myself, it may not be fact, and may not represent the views of any other poster, person, ex manager or organisation".

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wasn't it that if the club was wound up that the directors aren't allowed to take any money?

Possibly, fog of memory, I just remember that is was removed from the constitution. Apparently it was an oversight.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I did mute this a long time ago, logical really he might just have taken the club as far as he can.
I did think he would wait until the academy was up and running for a few years, but business is business and if the offer is right.
pity because I would rather a fan was at the helm than someone faceless

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
TB flogging the club is more believable than much of the speculation on here. I doubt any of us have the foggiest what he's worth but I'd imagine the near £200M he's put in is more than just a drop in the ocean.

It's fairly evident that he isn't going to make a penny unless we get to Prem and to do that a sizeable chunk of additional, FFP circumvented, investment is likely to be needed. If he hasn't got bottomless pockets then the notion of cashing in and letting someone with deeper pockets have a crack isn't inconceivable, even though it seems unlikely

TB is a very good businessman. He has invested nearly £150m in this club. I very much doubt he's invested 75% of his wealth in the club. That would be a big risk given the nature of football.

I would guess he's probably worth 1b+ for the size of investment he has put in.

I think he's holding back until he feels the time is right to push for the Prem. In my view in about 5 years once the academy starts to bear fruit. Meaning we're much more likely to stay in the prem.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
What was all that Official Club Statement about shares last week?

Did I miss what that was actually about?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
What was all that Official Club Statement about shares last week?

Did I miss what that was actually about?

some directors brought a token amount of shares of a few grand. nothing else.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
TB is a very good businessman. He has invested nearly £150m in this club. I very much doubt he's invested 75% of his wealth in the club. That would be a big risk given the nature of football.

I would guess he's probably worth 1b+ for the size of investment he has put in.

I think he's holding back until he feels the time is right to push for the Prem. In my view in about 5 years once the academy starts to bear fruit. Meaning we're much more likely to stay in the prem.
Agree with most of your post but he has stated that the next owner will be his son.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
This 'rumour', was it started by the OP? Or are there other instances of it cropping up elsewhere? If there are, I certainly can't find them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This 'rumour', was it started by the OP? Or are there other instances of it cropping up elsewhere? If there are, I certainly can't find them.
I've never heard of it before this evening

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would be very surprised if Tony Bloom hasn't sold up in the best three years.

The whole company is clearly being groomed for sale. That's my opinion, only my opinion, please don't sue me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here