Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rumour Bloom preparing to sell club

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
but TB's a fan as well as a businessman. Would YOU sell the Albion if you owned it?!?

I think maybe some of you overestimate Blooms wealth, also maybe his love of the Albion. I'm not saying he is not a fan and wants the best for the club but I seriously doubt he would put his wealth at risk just to stay owner of BHA. In much the same way I think Parish would drop Palace like a hot brick if it affected his wealth and that of his family.
Maybe the question should be, would you sell the Albion if it could affect you and your family's future.
Just my opinion

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
This 'rumour', was it started by the OP? Or are there other instances of it cropping up elsewhere? If there are, I certainly can't find them.

Picked up by tweets made tonight on Brighton Rumours twitter account, so just passed it on as I had not heard anything on this before. At least it has started some debate. If there is any truth in this and it is a big IF, then I hope Bloom retains a majority share holding. Of course as others have said he may just be the "puppet"

sebtucknott

Aug 22, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I would be very surprised if Tony Bloom hasn't sold up in the best three years.

The whole company is clearly being groomed for sale. That's my opinion, only my opinion, please don't sue me.

How is it being groomed for sale? Selling your biggest assets isn't making it worth more. He's, unlike majority of chairmen, making the club financially sound. So we can enjoy BHA in the top flight for many years.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Strangely I heard something on hear about some Australians buying Albion at the beginning of last season.
I'm sure if one of our anoraks on here looks they will find it.
I mentioned it to Wanderbus the other day.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
If true, strange time to sell a club?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why would the 2nd richest man in Oz want to sell to the 3rd richest man in Oz ???

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Nah, just some directors investing token amount....... unless they can get a dividend if the club is sold !

Does make you wonder......

no, it doesnt. dividends are paid out on profits (or at least free cashflow) from the company. not other shares being sold. they *might* see their shares worth more if a buyer came in and offered more. but the amount is trivial here. theres nothing to see, its nothing more than the stated administrative tidy up.

Why would the 2nd richest man in Oz want to sell to the 3rd richest man in Oz ???

and who would the 2nd richest Aussie be? Chap called Anthony Pratt apparently. he's our owner? i think we've all learnt somthing today.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Not sure if this is true however I was told earlier in the summer that Bloom isn't enjoying the responsibilities he shoulders as a chairman and time consuming aspects of the role (hence the appointment of Barber & to a lesser extent Burke) and that he is looking for other investors.

I highly doubt this is true and I didn't share it because I assumed it was a bollocks rumour but I'm beginning to wonder, the person who told me isn't normally one for making things up.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not sure if this is true however I was told earlier in the summer that Bloom isn't enjoying the responsibilities he shoulders as a chairman and time consuming aspects of the role (hence the appointment of Barber & to a lesser extent Burke) and that he is looking for other investors.

this is one of those things that makes no sence when you apply context and history. Barber has been here 2 years, Burke longer. why would Bloom not be enjoying responsibility of the role now? (other than the results, and bedwetters...)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
and who would the 2nd richest Aussie be? Chap called Anthony Pratt apparently. he's our owner? i think we've all learnt somthing today.

No-one apart from a select few know Bloom's personal wealth , he doesn't brag about his fortune. I wrote about the 2nd richest man in Oz , does he have to be an Aussie ? All pure conjecture to make post #1 look incredulous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here