Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rowett leaves Birmingham

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is perfectly set up for SEVEN to return to England even though he's just taken over at a 2nd tier club in China.

Will be well known to the Chinese after doing well in the Super League over there.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
and for that reason I think Saturday just got harder.

They will all play for Rowett and fans will be fired up

Or similarly rudderless players and p1ssed off fans. Could go either way. :shrug:

I'm sure will CH will carry on as if nowt had happened......................................

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
How will they be playing for Rowett ? He's not there !

Far more likely they'll play like shit and say "now look what you've gone and done, you IDIOTS"
Exactly

No targeted training for game vs us either. We surely should be looking to smash them now.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
I can't make up my mind if this is good or bad for us, it could go either way. Situation normal then. Thank goodness for CH going back to one of his old clubs. He'll know what to do.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh oh......dead cat bounce. We're doomed.

Usually I'd agree, but they weren't dead though were they? They were doing OK. We don't know which way this will pan out on Saturday. Like you say when a struggling team get a new man in there is the 'dead cat bounce' effect, and also the players know the axe is coming and may even be a bit relieved. . This was going to be a tough game anyway (as it wasn't a game against a struggling club) and I THINK it just got a tiny bit easier due to the shock element.

Of course I could be woefully wrong ...

EDIT: But whoever is in their dugout they won't be CH's equal when it comes to game management (subs etc)

Last edited:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Someone's had a tenner on Zola

fff.JPG

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Me neither

[tweet]809047525462278144[/tweet]

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
How will they be playing for Rowett ? He's not there !

Far more likely they'll play like shit and say "now look what you've gone and done, you IDIOTS"

Also my theory. It's not like they'll be hoping to prove themselves to the caretaker as presumably it'll be a complete unknown to them. All the coaches have gone with Rowett.

Newcastle must be pissed off.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Bugger, players will be out to impress whoever is coming in now!

Think that they might be in slight disarray with all the backroom staff gone! :mad:

The only downside I see, is it's a fantastic opportunity for the Brum fans to get a massive protest on screen!!
Possible pitch invasion maybe?? ???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The only downside I see, is it's a fantastic opportunity for the Brum fans to get a massive protest on screen!!
Possible pitch invasion maybe?? ???

Don't say that, you know our happy clappy do-gooders will take any opportunity to get involved with something like that for some self-promotion.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Fit

and

Proper

Persons

Test.

Yeah. Well done. Again.

Chief Wiggum

Apr 30, 2009
I presume as well that the cost of terminating his and his teams' contracts ins't insignificant either?

That's why I don't feel sorry for Rowett and co. Financial compo will take away any disappointment he may have and a lucky club will be in the wings waiting to snap up a very talented manager. Nutty decision by Birmingham's owners, unless of course, there is an issue we are not aware of.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
The three new directors are 50, 32 and 30 years old. I'd assumed they'd be children given this decision. They joined the board yesterday, sack the management team today... next stop 'Birmingham Wildcat Dragon Rovers FC'

However, the Daily Mail article linked to earlier states that they want a high profile 'name' managing the club, hence Zola. I think they should have gone for Justin Timberlake, he's much more famous.

He wouldn't be so quick to walk away.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Mirror saying that Rowett is being targeted by Norwich and that's why he has been sacked. Would make more sense .....

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here