Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rowett leaves Birmingham

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Looking like a great decision by Trillion then :tosser:

From BBC website:

Since Zola took charge, Blues have collected just six points from a possible 36 in the Championship to slip to 14th in the table, and they are now 18 points off the play-off places.

When Rowett's team won his final game in charge, 2-1 against Ipswich Town on 13 December, Blues were seventh and level on points with sixth-placed Sheffield Wednesday.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

From BBC website:

Since Zola took charge, Blues have collected just six points from a possible 36 in the Championship to slip to 14th in the table, and they are now 18 points off the play-off places.

When Rowett's team won his final game in charge, 2-1 against Ipswich Town on 13 December, Blues were seventh and level on points with sixth-placed Sheffield Wednesday.

I thought it was a bad decision at the time but I don't think I expected it to go as badly as it has. Think they have 0.5 points per game in the 12 league games he's been in charge. I wonder if it would have been any different if they'd held on against us.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The way Rowett was whoring himself around different clubs (a fact that rarely gets mentioned) he'd have gone by now, anyway.

At least Brum took control of the situation.
Sure they got it wrong, and nobody is surprised by that, but let's not sanctify Gary 'here's my CV' Rowett.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

From BBC website:

About time they renamed themselves ****all Trophies.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Oh dear. Zola now got the dreaded "Full backing of the Board" statement. Won't be long now then :wave:

From the BBC: Gianfranco Zola: Birmingham City manager gets backing from board

"The club has not lined up any manager to replace Gianfranco," it said.

"He has the continual full support of the Blues' board of directors.

He hasn't accumulated as many 'full support of the board' commendations as Lee Johnson at Bristol City who I think is up to four this season!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well, thanks to that fella on another thread who pointed out that if you click on the triangle next to a club's name on the BBC league table enabling you to see their league position graph, it is now possible to guess when Rowett left.

:D

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Rotherham ended their run of 10 straight defeats with their point against Brum today. Birmingham now 4 points above the bottom three.

Fans were chanting for Zola out, Boro reject Nsue kicked off at his teammates after the game and had to be restrained and a fair amount of damage was caused to the away dressing room allegedly...what a car crash.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"I would ask that our supporters trust our judgement and look forward to and embrace the future as we begin to implement the exciting vision of TTAL.”
- Birmingham City Board of Directors

They've definitely made it exciting for the Birmingham supporters...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here