Rowett leaves Birmingham

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Bought in when Watford started their blatant cheating, bought in by Cellino at Cagliari, spent a season in Qatar then gets bought in by seemingly dodgy Chinese owners in these circumstances. Very odd.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Mirror saying that Rowett is being targeted by Norwich and that's why he has been sacked. Would make more sense .....

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

That makes more sense..................Panos is really good guy. Lets Managers get on with things how they want to and doesn't interfere in playing side of things. I wonder if Rowett has been caught applying for other jobs

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
That makes more sense..................Panos is really good guy. Lets Managers get on with things how they want to and doesn't interfere in playing side of things. I wonder if Rowett has been caught applying for other jobs

Can you blame him ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Can you blame him ?

Probably not. Young and ambitious Manager - That also brings with it naivety. Grass might not be greener in terms of Board or Chairman he eventually goes to. Don't know circumstances of his departure really but Birmingham are a good club to work for.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Thing is, although Zola's shown he's not a great manager - a new boss often gets an early bounce from his team doesn't he? Players trying to show they should be first choice in the new set-up. They may have been outraged about Rowett going but that will mean nothing in a couple of days.

So I'd think this makes our task on Saturday even harder. Hope I'm wrong.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mirror saying that Rowett is being targeted by Norwich and that's why he has been sacked. Would make more sense .....
In that case, it's going to take a while for Birmingham to find a replacement.

Oh ???

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Probably not. Young and ambitious Manager - That also brings with it naivety. Grass might not be greener in terms of Board or Chairman he eventually goes to. Don't know circumstances of his departure really but Birmingham are a good club to work for.

Sound like it might be were rather than are.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Now means we have no idea about their tactics for Saturday

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
"......are a good club to work for"............. Don't you mean, "Were"?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Zola seems a nice bloke, average manager, not the sort to come in and fire up a dressing room in few days. odd decision and odder timing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
great to see them lose again. When these deluded chairmen sack a guy who's been doing a sound job and then go into a tail spin always makes me smile. They get what they deserve. Hope Rowlett gets himself a job at another club and goes onto to show Brum what they threw away.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't go that far, hopefully they are to 'stunned' to play.
I reckon they'll be a sweet spot, which will happen to be over Christmas, :thumbsup: when the new man is trying to impose himself, and the team won't know it's arse from it's elbow.

I've just had a look, after us it's Derby, Barnsley then Brentford...

...one more team out of the promotion equation.
Boom

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports