Rotherham fielded an ineligible player against Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If the fa award us the win, would bet365 pay out my winning acc for £1,100 as bha was the only team to let me down

No , you were betting on the result after 90 minutes.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
You're not suggesting shirley that Albion fans be expected to make another trip to Rotherham? That would be a clear breach of our human rights.

Game could be replayed at the Amex with Roverhide footing the bill for all the people that attend, that way they lose the three points, St holders get an extra game, everyone that went to Rotherham get in for nothing, and the rest of the seats go to schools and under privileged kids. Win win all round

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

For Brighton to get relegated, you need one of the following scenarios to happen:

Brighton to obtain 0 more points, with Wigan or Millwall getting 10 points (from 4 and 5 games respectively) whilst Fullham (1) and Rotherham (3) get more points.

If Brighton get 1-2 points, Wigan must win all of their games to eclipse us. Millwall must win 4 out of 5. If we win just once more, Wigan can only catch us with a 14 goal swing (from 4 games). Fullham would need at least 3 and Rotherham would need at least 5 more points.

If Brighton get 4-5 points, only Millwall can catch us. Meaning they'd have to win all 5 games AND both Fullham and Rotherham need to get 5 & 7 more points respectively.

Wigan play Millwall this Teusday. If we win at home to Huddersfield, and Wigan win, we'd be just one point off mathematic safety.

Want to bet with me? :D

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
They should replay the game with Rotherham paying for transport and drinks for the visiting fans. It has to be sunny again as well, and the 7.4% cider should be off.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
For Brighton to get relegated, you need one of the following scenarios to happen:

Brighton to obtain 0 more points, with Wigan or Millwall getting 10 points (from 4 and 5 games respectively) whilst Fullham (1) and Rotherham (3) get more points.

If Brighton get 1-2 points, Wigan must win all of their games to eclipse us. Millwall must win 4 out of 5. If we win just once more, Wigan can only catch us with a 14 goal swing (from 4 games). Fullham would need at least 3 and Rotherham would need at least 5 more points.

If Brighton get 4-5 points, only Millwall can catch us. Meaning they'd have to win all 5 games AND both Fullham and Rotherham need to get 5 & 7 more points respectively.

Wigan play Millwall this Teusday. If we win at home to Huddersfield, and Wigan win, we'd be just one point off mathematic safety.

Want to bet with me? :D
Sheer complacency!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
they will wait until nearly the end of the season before making any comment, just to see if either of us are about to go down as they will not want a court case, certainly not from us.
if we both look like staying up then they will get a fine ......................probably a very small one

Delaying making a decision is the last thing they should do! They should be convening an emergency meeting in the next 24 - 48 hours. The correct penalty is losing the three points - not relegation.
If they deduct Rotherham three points now, it will still be in their hands to stay up. Suppose they leave it until the end of the season and Rotherham have finished 21st, two points ahead of Millwall. If they then try to deduct the three points, Rotherham will claim the penalty (relegation) is too harsh: court case. If they don't deduct the three points and Rotherham stay up and Millwall are relegated, Millwall will cry foul; court case. This does not need to flow over until after the end of the season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can see the argument for giving us 3 points (how is it any less fair on other teams than us winning, or an eliminated team being allowed back in to a cup competition?), 1 point (he directly blocked a goal bound shot according to earlier posts in this thread) or 0 points (we didn't win the game, and no guarantee we would have).

Which I suppose is why the regulations allow for the discretion of a replay: if the points turn out to be important to us, replay the game and give us a chance to earn them; if the points don't matter, why bother? There's still a chance Rotherham could win the replay and get the points anyway - then how have they suffered?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
We have no chance of going down.

thats why I said either

Delaying making a decision is the last thing they should do! They should be convening an emergency meeting in the next 24 - 48 hours. The correct penalty is losing the three points - not relegation.
If they deduct Rotherham three points now, it will still be in their hands to stay up. Suppose they leave it until the end of the season and Rotherham have finished 21st, two points ahead of Millwall. If they then try to deduct the three points, Rotherham will claim the penalty (relegation) is too harsh: court case. If they don't deduct the three points and Rotherham stay up and Millwall are relegated, Millwall will cry foul; court case. This does not need to flow over until after the end of the season.

and when has anyone at the league or FA done anything in a hurry

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Disciplinary matters are usually dealt with fairly promptly.

I think they stated by the end of the season ..................gives them time to access the situation, think about it a bit, mull it over, give it some really deep thought, discuss it with a few friends.
then do **** all
I hope you are right .............but I have this feeling in my water

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think they stated by the end of the season ..................gives them time to access the situation, think about it a bit, mull it over, give it some really deep thought, discuss it with a few friends.
then do **** all
I hope you are right .............but I have this feeling in my water

The Hartlepool case was charged within a week, then punishment meted out, and appealed within a month.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The Hartlepool case was charged within a week, then punishment meted out, and appealed within a month.

lets hope we get the same service .............................it needs sorting

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Trouble is, Albion and Rotherham both lose here as both get 0 points. The winners are all the teams around us both. A draw would be 1 each so one more point for Millwall and Wigan to chase. It actually makes the game futile, like it never happened (apart from our negative gd). Both teams in reality lose a fixture and Rotherham get a fine.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It is apart from mathematically, at 66-1 I would have a £100 on right now if there was any chance but I would be wasting my money.

I wouldn't - never bet against the Albion let alone on something as bad as relegation! ;)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Trouble is, Albion and Rotherham both lose here as both get 0 points. The winners are all the teams around us both. A draw would be 1 each so one more point for Millwall and Wigan to chase. It actually makes the game futile, like it never happened (apart from our negative gd). Both teams in reality lose a fixture and Rotherham get a fine.

That's a frisking daft system then. One team cheats and gets docked points, the other team doesn't cheat and gets a void result and zip points. I wish they'd cheated against wigan now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
That's a frisking daft system then. One team cheats and gets docked points, the other team doesn't cheat and gets a void result and zip points. I wish they'd cheated against wigan now.
How would you feel about it if Midds. had fielded an ineligible player in their 1-0 win over Wigan the other week?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

Then Millwall and Wigan would complain. The FA can not do anything other than deduct the 3 points and give a fine, as they have done to other clubs in the past.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Then Millwall and Wigan would complain. The FA can not do anything other than deduct the 3 points and give a fine, as they have done to other clubs in the past.

This - has to be the case. If we'd won or drawn we'd keep the points, Rotherham lose what they gained through the rule breach. If Rotherham had lost would be just a fine. Plenty of precedents for this so should be an easy decision for the League to make.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports