Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham fielded an ineligible player against Albion

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I suspect they are waiting for when a point deduction is meaningless. If a point deduction relegates Rotherham, they will kick up a stink, threaten to sue, possibly actually sue, etc. If they don't get a deduction and someone else goes down in their place, that team will kick up a stink etc.

Wait until it doesn't make a difference, then take them, no complaints.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I can't believe that we are 6 points plus GD above relegation and we are desperate for Rotherham to get deducted 3 points. This is a clear sign that the fans have "rightly" lost all faith in the playing side and it's a sorry state of affairs.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I can't believe that we are 6 points plus GD above relegation and we are desperate for Rotherham to get deducted 3 points. This is a clear sign that the fans have "rightly" lost all faith in the playing side and it's a sorry state of affairs.

lost faith in the management and board more like it...

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015

I don't care. We have 19k season ticket holders next season :thumbsup:

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I realise what you're saying, but every point in a league competition has to have been earned through events on the field, not the paperwork off it.

Although it could be argued that a match starts with both sides already having a point. We were denied the point that we started with by a team playing an ineligible player, so we should get it back, while Rotherham lose all those they earned. Bit optimistic I know, but we're not safe yet ...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't in any way think that we need this to be safe - Millwall won't catch us. However, I'd be amazed if the league did anything other than apply the precedent; Millwall and Wigan would rightly kick up a stink otherwise. The only way that I can think where a team may not lose the points gained is if a player only came on as a sub for 10 mins, when his team where already 2 goals up. In this case, the bloke played 90 mins.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I suspect they are waiting for when a point deduction is meaningless. If a point deduction relegates Rotherham, they will kick up a stink, threaten to sue, possibly actually sue, etc. If they don't get a deduction and someone else goes down in their place, that team will kick up a stink etc.

Based on that the FL could make a decision if Millwall lose Tuesday but even then they could still win their last games and finish above Rotherham so will they wait until 3rd May.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Thats what i was thinking...but it is looking to be less likely that its irrelevant

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Based on that the FL could make a decision if Millwall lose Tuesday but even then they could still win their last games and finish above Rotherham so will they wait until 3rd May.

I think that if Millwall lose on Tuesday, it puts us out of the relegation picture, and Rotherham still above Millwall after a 3 point deduction.

No chance of legal action at that point, and then a fair fight between Rotherham, Millwall and Wigan over the remaining games.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I no longer care, but it seems that the FL now have a window to impose the penalty before the weekend.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I no longer care, but it seems that the FL now have a window to impose the penalty before the weekend.

It's great that we can be interested on lookers now. Still think they cheated (harsh I know) and it affected our chances of getting the 3 points on offer so we should be given them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here