Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oscar doesn't have a choice. All the injuries that have beset the squad, I'm sure Orlandi would be ahead of JFC, Bridcutt (that old fella!) ahead of Ince, and we signed Ward to push Maksimenko out of the way. I'm not sure if he does put that much faith in youth by choice.

We have 7 first team players injured at the moment.

Oct 25, 2003
in my top ten favourite all time albion players for a while now...i just knew i'd love him even before i saw him play

what an absolute MONSTER he is....there is a guy who likes his steak VERY rare

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Our best prospect from what I have seen

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Thought he had an excellent game. Up there in the MoM candidates.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought that he did well today and was well guided through the game by Crofts and Agustein to compare him to Bridcutt is insane at the moment but who knows what 12 -18 months will bring. His strength is doing the simple things properly and not trying to extend beyond his ability by doing difficult moves and passes.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Thought that he did well today and was well guided through the game by Crofts and Agustein to compare him to Bridcutt is insane at the moment but who knows what 12 -18 months will bring. His strength is doing the simple things properly and not trying to extend beyond his ability by doing difficult moves and passes.

Disagree, he is at least on par with bridcutt 3 1/2 years ago who had Kish to teach him for a season in league 1.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
But he is not being compared to Bridcutt of 3 1/2 years ago but Bridcutt of now. That is what is insane.

This.

I was only thinking today how much we miss Bridcutt dominating midfield and winning headers and tackles, confidently distributing the ball in his inimitable style. Ince is nowhere near that good.

I don't think Oscar has had enough credit for converting him to a midfielder when he was originally signed as a young centre back. He obviously saw something in him very early on. This is a great example of his experience working with young players.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Has anyone mentioned his clearance, late on.

All round our box.
Players tip tapping the ball, left right and centre.
It comes to Ince, and

BAM

Size 12 through the ball....

....chase that.

That was how to clear the ball, a relieve pressure.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Has anyone mentioned his clearance, late on.

All round our box.
Players tip tapping the ball, left right and centre.
It comes to Ince, and

BAM

Size 12 through the ball....

....chase that.

That was how to clear the ball, a relieve pressure.

Didn't he do that early in the second half when we were under pressure shortly after the kick off, whacking it down the wing, a bit of pressure and we went from defending on the edge of our area to a throw in down near their corner. Or was that someone else?

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn't he do that early in the second half when we were under pressure shortly after the kick off, whacking it down the wing, a bit o pressure and we went from defedning on the edge of our area to a throw in down near their corner. Or was that someone else?
Maybe it was earlier than I remember, he certainly leathered it!!

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
In the last home game he showed some promising touches but looked off the pace. I thought today he looked very good. Read situations well and seemed confident to do what was needed. He will make mistakes but is a real prospect.

Oct 25, 2003
he adds a physical element to our team that I haven't seen in a while and seems to compliment those playing around him. Also it's so refreshing watching an Albion midfielder run at the other teams defence with purpose and he always seems to win a free kick. Not surprised- imagine that monster hurtling towards you at full pace...what are you supposed to do?! Can't remember an Albion midfielder who could do that in the way that Rohan can....in fact the list of Albion midfielders willing to run at defences over the years really is minimal. Yeah, so, he isn't exactly Messi with the ball, but with his pace and power he makes defences absolutely shit themselves.

Still so young as well....great prospect

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here