Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rohan Ince

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
not at good as Bridcutt but a very good prospect

Give him a year or so and he may well be. No pressure of course. :thumbsup:

For what it's worth, one of the Burnley fans that I spoke to after the game couldn't believe how good Ince, and that he is only 20.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Very impressed so perhaps when life after Bridcutt inevitably happens we need not worry too much.

I think this is a fair comment. On the dreadful day that Liam is sold, it is reassuring that we have Ince and Keith Andrews who was outstanding last week.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Very impressed so perhaps when life after Bridcutt inevitably happens we need not worry too much.

My thoughts exactly...and hopefully we'll have £5M in the bank as well.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought his first half was a man of the match performance. Second half wasn't as strong, but still very promising.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The lad has a future that's for sure.

And to think that if Gus had still been here, Ince probably wouldn't have got a look in, knowling his reluctance to play DS players.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
I think he looked a lot more confident today than in the past, I was very impressed with his passing today and he also seemed to "dive in" a lot less today.

Don't over do it though, he isn't near Bridcutts ability just yet but at the age of 20 he has bags of potential to be a key member of our squad.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think he looked a lot more confident today than in the past, I was very impressed with his passing today and he also seemed to "dive in" a lot less today.

Don't over do it though, he isn't near Bridcutts ability just yet but at the age of 20 he has bags of potential to be a key member of our squad.

After 3 games with the first team, Bridcutt looked nowhere near as good a player as Ince although I know it's early days. I don't doubt that Bridcutt is the better player at the moment.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
After 3 games with the first team, Bridcutt looked nowhere near as good a player as Ince although I know it's early days. I don't doubt that Bridcutt is the better player at the moment.

I don't think you should make direct comparisons with Bridcutts first performances. People are comparing Rohan to Bridcutts current ability. But I agree Rohan is a tremendous prospect and COULD go on to Liam's level one day.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
He's certainly got a kick on him, That ball he wellied out of defence in the second half was one of the most impressive kicks I've seen at the Amex. I'm not normally a fan of the hoof it style but I got the impression he didn't want the ball at our end and decided to do something about it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Did Gus have a problem with blooding youth I wonder? OG clearly has a passion for developing youngsters having had the best job in the world in that particular discipline. He must profoundly inspire the heart & soul of the likes of Ince, March & JFC; we are starting to see the results already. Gus only had eyes for 26+ (or average age of 45 judgeing by the back 4 he left us) but OG likes em young!:thumbsup:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Did Gus have a problem with blooding youth I wonder? OG clearly has a passion for developing youngsters having had the best job in the world in that particular discipline. He must profoundly inspire the heart & soul of the likes of Ince, March & JFC; we are starting to see the results already. Gus only had eyes for 26+ (or average age of 45 judgeing by the back 4 he left us) but OG likes em young!:thumbsup:

Oscar doesn't have a choice. All the injuries that have beset the squad, I'm sure Orlandi would be ahead of JFC, Bridcutt (that old fella!) ahead of Ince, and we signed Ward to push Maksimenko out of the way. I'm not sure if he does put that much faith in youth by choice.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Oscar doesn't have a choice. All the injuries that have beset the squad, I'm sure Orlandi would be ahead of JFC, Bridcutt (that old fella!) ahead of Ince, and we signed Ward to push Maksimenko out of the way. I'm not sure if he does put that much faith in youth by choice.

That's fair comment, of course he could have got some 'average' loan players in, but it would have eaten the budget, plus (hopefully) we're biding our time for some quality signings....

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I don't doubt Oscar is having to use the youngsters a bit earlier than he wanted to, But he did say in his post match interview he likes working with young players as they have an open mind when it comes to learning. I get the impression our young players of now are going to have a big roll to play in a year or two's time and it's refreshing to know he's not afraid to use them if he thinks they are good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here