[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Hoping Chelsea go 2 goals ahead and then lose after a string of absolute HOWLERS.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Some nice posts on the Chelsea forum, they really are a bunch of *******. They get on the back of all their players and managers almost immediately.

"whoever agreed to loan out Kepa and put Sanchez as the n.1 keeper needs to be shot"

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Reality is Chelsea’s first choice keeper wouldn’t even get in our squad. Says it all really.

I’m not sure what Chelsea expected.

Sanchez proved himself not ready to cope with the expectations of a very supportive Brighton fan base, way too many errors and deservedly lost his place, it wasn't all about the ball at feet.

The idea that he's ready for insane Chelsea fans is quite funny, Poch may make a player of him but it won't be with any help from the fans

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Reality is Chelsea’s first choice keeper wouldn’t even get in our squad. Says it all really.

I’m not sure what Chelsea expected.

Presume it was the Ben Roberts link, but the signing seems genuinely bizarre. I’m not knocking bob either, he’s a decent keeper (just not quite as good as Steele with his feet), but was he an upgrade on Kepa or Mendy? I don’t think so.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sanchez proved himself not ready to cope with the expectations of a very supportive Brighton fan base, way too many errors and deservedly lost his place, it wasn't all about the ball at feet.

The idea that he's ready for insane Chelsea fans is quite funny, Poch may make a player of him but it won't be with any help from the fans
Very harsh. He’s a young player, who is going to make mistakes.

“Way too many” is an exaggeration, and I’d be interested to hear of them, Palace apart.

His footwork isn’t as good as Steele, RdZ preferred Steele good enough for me.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Oh it’s a much more positive emotion than bitterness. What you see here is the joy of panto.

Edit I just noticed the date you posted. Still applies though. Especially today.
Stop it 😁
I genuinely hope Bob fulfils his potential
There's a very good keeper in there Still
Just not at Brighton on Thames
They might just break him before he reaches it though 🤔

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Very harsh. He’s a young player, who is going to make mistakes.

“Way too many” is an exaggeration, and I’d be interested to hear of them, Palace apart.

His footwork isn’t as good as Steele, RdZ preferred Steele good enough for me.
Steele is so much calmer and less panicked with the ball at his feet compared with Sanchez. I think that gives him the ability to pick out the passes required.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

My feeling was that his performance as a whole dropped, because of being asked to play a different way. He was fantastic for Potter.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
He wasn’t signed to be their first choice keeper but as usual, their piss poor squad planning has meant he is now and he’s not good enough. He’s going to be in for a rough ride until they do get another keeper, which I’m sure they will soon knowing that lot.
Really confusing for me... when did they know Kepa was leaving? just bizarre.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
RdZ said suited his style of play more. Re errors, Palace apart care to list them? 😃
The only errors I can think of are ones where he passes long instead of short. Situations where he doesn't play to the right style. Those are errors as well. The balls often had the wrong pace and wrong timing on them as well. You can see the difference between them with Steele.

You can argue it's doesn't make him a bad goaltender as it is a style related thing, but for the style we play, playing the way he was with the ball is an error.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports