Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Boehly overnight is trying to cheat his way to a squad the level of Citeh and Real. 22 great players.

Imho Sanchez was a significant step up on Ryan, but there are flaws to his game and not just passing, he’s a PL goalie but a million miles away from Ederson, Alisson or Coutois.

I’m surprised the Chavs bought him, stunned they’re starting him in PL games, and highly delighted.
But as per my post, he is a lot younger than those mentioned, and is still learning.

The fact he is in the Spain squad at such a young age was impressive in itself. He clearly missed Roberts when he left.

I don’t disagree re Chelsea, but think he’s probably the best they have currently, and will only continue to improve.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

2 minutes 30 seconds.

So that’s at least three howlers. He played 23 league games last season so even if you ignore the other goals others have stated that’s a major error roughly every 7/8 games.
Or 3 in 90

It’s probably about 6 or 7 from memory, definitely a similar missed punch at West Ham as well.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

2 minutes 30 seconds.

So that’s at least three howlers. He played 23 league games last season so even if you ignore the other goals others have stated that’s a major error roughly every 7/8 games.
A little unlucky at Utd as initially fouled and then nobody blocked the donkey. Presumably, you would also acknowledge the two excellent saves that ensured we won?

But yes, definitely a missed punch.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But as per my post, he is a lot younger than those mentioned, and is still learning.

The fact he is in the Spain squad at such a young age was impressive in itself. He clearly missed Roberts when he left.

I don’t disagree re Chelsea, but think he’s probably the best they have currently, and will only continue to improve.

Down to the crux of this, (prior to his sulk), I don’t see him as ever being at that top table. Costly unforced errors, shit at pens, poor with his feet when under pressure, rash take outs of strikers.

Not you, there’s always been a funny nsc thing that some won’t let anyone criticise a keeper. Many of us spotted flaws in Ryan’s game as time went on, to some here that was sacrilege and so, so inaccurate. Months later he was dumped.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Go to 1 minute 55 seconds.

At 0:41. Every analysts going said a straight red for violent conduct.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
He’s not an ‘exceptional goalie’ that’s just blatant over exaggeration.

Off the top of my head I can think of three huge errors last season that led to goals (Man United, Liverpool, Palace, all away).

Given he was second choice for the back end of the season that’s a large number of goals from direct errors and exceptional goalkeepers do not make anywhere near that many.

He was good, had potential and that’s about it.
David de Gea 🤔 anyone ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Down to the crux of this, (prior to his sulk), I don’t see him as ever being at that top table. Costly unforced errors, shit at pens, poor with his feet when under pressure, rash take outs of strikers.

Not you, there’s always been a funny nsc thing that some won’t let anyone criticise a keeper. Many of us spotted flaws in Ryan’s game as time went on, to some here that was sacrilege and so, so inaccurate. Months later he was dumped.
Have to say I never rated Ryan, but I will stick up for Sanchez I think he is a good goalie.

Still want him to fail though.

Boehly overnight is trying to cheat his way to a squad the level of Citeh and Real. 22 great players.

Imho Sanchez was a significant step up on Ryan, but there are flaws to his game and not just passing, he’s a PL goalie but a million miles away from Ederson, Alisson or Coutois.

I’m surprised the Chavs bought him, stunned they’re starting him in PL games, and highly delighted.
Totally sums it up - he is a good, developing keeper but some dumb agent has totally lied to him about his development curve. That’s why he threw a wobbly when RDZ tried to return him to planet earth. Bizarre decision by Poch (Roberts?) to give him this nightmare phase when Poch is trying to kick this ramshackle squad of overpaid misfits into shape (which sadly he probs will do), Kepa should be shouldering the burden here

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
So on that basis perhaps harsh Sanchez was dropped given the amount of ‘errors’ by outfield players?

I’m not sorry Steele is in goal, but I’m not having Sanchez made lots of errors, because it is inaccurate. He remains an exceptional goalie, whose passing was not good enough for how we play, it certainly wasn’t goalkeeping reasons.
We are agreeing. You just don't seem to class bad passes and choices and pace of passing as errors by Sanchez.
For what it is worth I do think, had he had a better attitude and stayed and listened to coaching, he would have been able to improve and remove the passing errors. He has a potential ceiling higher than Steele. Maybe the easy option is moving to a club where it suits his natural style though?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not an error though. Had to come for it, again an experience thing.

His assault would’ve been an early red card and three match ban, but for a huge ref/VAR gaff. To me rashness is part of his makeup.

Got to say, I’m chuffed with Steele and Verbruggen.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
No I don’t 👍 Every player makes bad passes/decisions every game.Steele did a couple yesterday, and I wouldn’t consider those errors either.
The thing is I don't consider all errors as that bad. There is a scale. Sanchez is not a bad goaltender for the errors he made. Not all errors are equal. Every player makes errors (bad passes etc), that is why we strive for the impossible perfection.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Have to say I never rated Ryan, but I will stick up for Sanchez I think he is a good goalie.

Still want him to fail though.

The thing is I don't consider all errors as that bad. There is a scale. Sanchez is not a bad goaltender for the errors he made. Not all errors are equal. Every player makes errors (bad passes etc), that is why we strive for the impossible perfection.
Goaltender 🤔
Really 🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🤔you are !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here