Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Robert Sanchez to Chelsea for £25m plus add-ons

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Three players Chelsea should sign to REPLACE Sanchez as number one​

Sanchez, 24, was demoted to third-choice at Brighton this summer after Roberto De Zerbi dropped the Spaniard in favour of Jason Steele last season, before the Seagulls added Bart Verbruggen from Anderlecht in July.

However, Sanchez was signed as a back-up to Kepa, not to be Chelsea’s first-choice starting goalkeeper. Thanks to Kepa’s departure, the former Brighton man has been in between the sticks for the Blues’ opening two fixtures of the Premier League season.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/e...-should-sign-to-replace-sanchez-as-number-one

Ouch ! But Ben said ................... :facepalm:
Sometimes you just can't help thinking that the 'journo' is a not very well-informed Chelsea supporter...............

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
That video must be fake - according to several posters on here, Sanchez never made a mistake for us apart from the Palace goal…
Whether true or false, this video was on a Chelsea fans' site and fuels the sort of instant player criticism that Chelsea supporters are becoming renowned for.

That was the point I was making, not the veracity or otherwise of the compilation...... and I have great respect for what Sanchez achieved with us.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Whether true or false, this video was on a Chelsea fans' site and fuels the sort of instant player criticism that Chelsea supporters are becoming renowned for.

That was the point I was making, not the veracity or otherwise of the compilation...... and I have great respect for what Sanchez achieved with us.
think you missed my point but I get yours.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
That's literally one of his strong points.

What is the strength? Coming for crosses, or catching them? Because they're two different things. Ok, the stats say "blah blah blah" but also, from experience with my own eyes, watched him drop the ball several times from crosses and get totally abused by some teams targeting him from corners.

I genuinely hope he has a good time. No hard feelings towards him, but I just sense the patience Brighton fans showed him won't be as forthcoming with Chelsea fans.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Sanchez had the makings of a top keeper but was not the finished article and had he stayed here and worked hard at the areas of his game RDZ needed from his number one he would probably be back in contention for the shirt.

However throwing his toys out of the pram has resulted in him as Chelsea number one in a young side with a toxic fan base that won’t be anywhere near as forgiving as brightons.

He will join a long list of players who make a jump too early and their career nosedives because of it. Can see if getting very nasty very quickly for him at Chelsea as we saw he has a regular brain fart in him

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair play to Rob. Cleared up his toys and made his way to the Chels. Number 1 at a lower mid table team is about his level. Close ya legs son 🤦🏻‍♂️

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Did the spectacular stuff well, shame about the meg.
Mmm that tip over bar one you’d expect every prem keeper to save. Not just saying that. But yes, I like the fact he’s struggling and they’re losing lots - mental as it is given what they’ve constantly spent!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He'll be fine for them, he's a really good goalie, just not suited to our style of play anymore. £25m is a decent price.
He's been their MOTM for them for the last two matches (in the BBC voting thingy). They might be starting to realise they've got a pretty decent keeper - and no desperate need to go out and find another 'no.1' GK.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He's been their MOTM for them for the last two matches (in the BBC voting thingy). They might be starting to realise they've got a pretty decent keeper - and no desperate need to go out and find another 'no.1' GK.
We’ve all said he’s perfect for a bottom half/mid table side and it’s proving to be the case. Well done Bob 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here