Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Savage

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012
Supporters know when a player isn't putting it all in. We were all looking forward to seeing what Robbie could do, but it was honestly very mediocre and half hearted. He could have been a legend, but we were left thinking 'what the f*** was that all about'. Sorry if that doesn't go along with your image of him, but at least its an honest view. He was a let down.

The fact that he could have been a legend at a club following just a 1 month loan spell tells me an awful lot about the way you viewed him before he signed. Very positive.

Robbie's performances were not up to his high standard as i read this topic. I will look into the reasons for this, i will hopefully speak to Robbie himself about this loan spell. Perhaps he was injured or lacking match fitness. Having watched over 500 games featuring Robbie i refuse to believe he didn't give 100% effort in every match. I do however respect your view. This section of the book is proving to be more difficult than first hoped and i will be investigating further over the next few weeks.

Thank You.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thank you very much i will take those points into consideration and have noted them.

I do not believe i will be creating the most boring book ever as you state it. I can admit that the book will only cater for those of a certain taste and realise that someone with perhaps no interest in football would find my book dull, however there is a huge market out there for books about footballers, their lives and careers. Especially footballers as high profile as Robbie Savage. A friend of mine is currently writing a book of a similar style about Stephen Carr, a very good footballer and fairly well known in the United Kingdom, however not quite as high profile. I do think his book will be a success though.

There is definitely NOT a huge market out there for books about a middle-level footballers' choice of boots and other such pointless trivia. Not meaning to sound overly harsh, so apologies if comes across as that.

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012
There is definitely NOT a huge market out there for books about a middle-level footballers' choice of boots and other such pointless trivia. Not meaning to sound overly harsh, so apologies if comes across as that.

I have had many doubters since i revealed my plans for this book.

Whilst i appreciate feedback, positive or negative. People like you only make me more determined.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have had many doubters since i revealed my plans for this book.

Whilst i appreciate feedback, positive or negative. People like you only make me more determined.

There is room in the market for a book about Robbie Savage. But a balanced one that focuses far more on him as a person, rather than dull trivia like colour of boots and warm up techniques etc.

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012
There is room in the market for a book about Robbie Savage. But a balanced one that focuses far more on him as a person, rather than dull trivia like colour of boots and warm up techniques etc.

The book is about what i heard and saw during his career as a footballer in the main. The story is a unique one, not many people have travelled all over the world, watching over 500 games of football purley to watch Robbie Savage. This will attract readers, of that i have no doubt.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The book is about what i heard and saw during his career as a footballer in the main. The story is a unique one, not many people have travelled all over the world, watching over 500 games of football purley to watch Robbie Savage. This will attract readers, of that i have no doubt.

I can believe that. I don't dispute any of that. I'm just saying, as others have, that you would be wise to focus on his personality and the stories while he was here, rather than his warm up routines and what colour boots he wore. People won't be interested in that.

Oh and also, if this is a wind up account, it doesn't really work. Just saying, just in case.

You are clearly insane. I suggest you seek immediate medical assistance.

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012
Ok, i'll point out some facts.

When asking for suggestions for what to include in my new book. Some very highly respected people in the footballing world and to balance this, friends of mine of whom you would consider to be every day working people. These people SUGGESTED to me that i should include items on warm ups etc. THIS IS A UNIQUE MARKET TO MATCH MY UNIQUE BOOK. There is genuine interest. You do not have to buy my book, but many people will do.

ok, i'll point out some facts.

When asking for suggestions for what to include in my new book. Some very highly respected people in the footballing world and to balance this, friends of mine of whom you would consider to be every day working people. These people suggested to me that i should include items on warm ups etc. This is a unique market to match my unique book. There is genuine interest. You do not have to buy my book, but many people will do.

Nurse!! Nurse!!!

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells

I think you are right. It will attract readers. As a first guess I reckon about 5.

ON that basis as long as you can shift the book at around £50,000 a copy you are on a right winner. Good Luck!!!!

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I liked him. He was never going to be a star for us as he was seriously lacking in match practice, and a 1 month loan wasn't really going to be much benefit to us. He seemed a good bloke off the pitch to have around though.

Saying that, I still think this is a wind up.

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012
I think you are right. It will attract readers. As a first guess I reckon about 5.

ON that basis as long as you can shift the book at around £50,000 a copy you are on a right winner. Good Luck!!!!

My proposed publisher has estimated the number of readers to be your number multipled by 10,000. You are entitled to your opinion however.

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012
It is worth noting that during his spell at Brighton & Hove Albion, average attendances at Robbie's home games were amongst the worst of his career and barring his spell at Crewe Alexandra, BY FAR HIS WORST.

This is not a dig at Brighton & Hove Albion, far from it. It is simply me making a point. During the vast majority of his career, the clubs Robbie has played for have averaged over 20,000 spectators at home games. This means Brighton & Hove Albion fans may not be aware of the interest in Robbie because the number of spectators at the time Robbie graced the club, was low in comparison to that of Leicester City, Birmingham City, Derby County and Blackburn Rovers.

Just to back up my point about readers, the clubs i have mentioned have large supporters base. My proposed publisher has estimated a fair percentage of these supporters will purchase my book. This is before fans of other clubs are taken into consideration.

It is worth noting that during his spell at Brighton & Hove Albion, average attendances at Robbie's home games were amongst the worst of his career and barring his spell at Crewe Alexandra, BY FAR HIS WORST.

This is not a dig at Brighton & Hove Albion, far from it. It is simply me making a point. During the vast majority of his career, the clubs Robbie has played for have averaged over 20,000 spectators at home games. This means Brighton & Hove Albion fans may not be aware of the interest in Robbie because the number of spectators at the time Robbie graced the club, was low in comparison to that of Leicester City, Birmingham City, Derby County and Blackburn Rovers.

Just to back up my point about readers, the clubs i have mentioned have large supporters base. My proposed publisher has estimated a fair percentage of these supporters will purchase my book. This is before fans of other clubs are taken into consideration.

Will the fans of those 'big' clubs not already know what colour boots he wore?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

No offence meant, but is your publisher from Uganda and called 'Charles'?

I assume he has asked for £2k of your 'english monies' upfront?

Don't worry. He will keep your monies all secure in his safe. The only issue he may have is if they need to open it up to clear the pigeon from it.

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012
Will the fans of those 'big' clubs not already know what colour boots he wore?

Not everybody is as fortunate as me. Many fans were unable to attend many of Robbie's games. And what is to say they remember what boots he wore? what if they would like to read about my view of the boots?

Also, my book is not specifically about boots. It is action packed and enthralling, i can assure you of that.

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant

Do your homework properly, and look at where we played while he was on loan with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here