Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Robbie Savage

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Robbie Savage is now moaning on the commentary of City v. Scumhampton that a player has had to go off to change the colour of the tape used to hold his socks up to the same colour as the socks!! Well Robbie, that's the rules, so get used to it, and stop being in the time warp most summarisers fall into, of only remembering when you played FFS!! :wanker:

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Robbie Savage is now moaning on the commentary of City v. Scumhampton that a player has had to go off to change the colour of the tape used to hold his socks up to the same colour as the socks!! Well Robbie, that's the rules, so get used to it, and stop being in the time warp most summarisers fall into, of only remembering when you played FFS!! :wanker:

Does seem a pointless thing though

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local

Apparently it's a new FIFA directive, based on referees bodies consultation, as they felt that different coloured tape on players socks made it hard for refs and linos to determined who got the last touch of the ball when adjudicating on corner/goal kick/throw-in decisions. Sort of makes sense in the now high-speed, and multi-angle televised, game we see week in week out ???

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham

is to help referees distinguish from distance the difference between a player in white socks, and a player in say red and white socks.
With 6 inches of white tape from the top of his sock down to, the 3 inch white band making the sock 9 inches of white.
Needed most to work out who last touched a ball going out for a corner ect when two players are close together :wave:

Last edited:

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
warning_48.png
important please read

Hello,
I am here to offer you a chance to write a book about when Robbie Savage played for your team. so dont miss out on this opportunity to recall your memories!

A Few Points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Basically, my book is not like other books. This is a Robbie Savage book. This means a chance for you to help create a book about him. where you can talk about what ever you want. you could even make a comment saying how much you dislike him.

i would like to wish you all the best of luck for the rest of the season and i hope to see you moving up the league tables under experienced manager Gus Poyett.

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012
Hi everyone

Quick update, the information given to me in this thread has contributed in my writing of the book. I am currently still in the process of writing and it would be foolish of me to say when the book will be published, however you can look forward to seeing it on your shelves in the future.

On a side note, good luck to Albion tonight in the Npower Championship fixture against Leeds United. I will be watching, i only wish Robbie could have graced the AMEX turf!

Thanks once again.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hi everyone

Quick update, the information given to me in this thread has contributed in my writing of the book. I am currently still in the process of writing and it would be foolish of me to say when the book will be published, however you can look forward to seeing it on your shelves in the future.

On a side note, good luck to Albion tonight in the Npower Championship fixture against Leeds United. I will be watching, i only wish Robbie could have graced the AMEX turf!

Thanks once again.

Probably too tired, having been at some Doris' flat until the early hours (according to The Sun)... ???

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Can we have a snippet? I'm desperate for some amusing anecdotes about what colour Robbie's boots were.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Hi everyone

Thanks once again.

What's your (the author's) name so I can keep an eye out for it?

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012
Can we have a snippet? I'm desperate for some amusing anecdotes about what colour Robbie's boots were.

'' As Robbie took part in the pre-match warm up, i noticed he was wearing a different pair of boots to the previous 4 fixtures. This was odd as he usually wears the same boots for atleast 12 fixtures. Robbie would later tell me after the game that he had given his old boots to a young Derby County fan before the game, a gesture that summed up the great man ''

Nothing about colour i'm afraid, i don't want to give too much away!

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012
What's your (the author's) name so I can keep an eye out for it?

James McCarthy, however it should be quite easy to find as this is a very unique book and there aren't many ( If any ) like it on sale, certainly in the United Kingdom.

'' As Robbie took part in the pre-match warm up, i noticed he was wearing a different pair of boots to the previous 4 fixtures. This was odd as he usually wears the same boots for atleast 12 fixtures. Robbie would later tell me after the game that he had given his old boots to a young Derby County fan before the game, a gesture that summed up the great man ''

Fantastic.:clap:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

A truly tantalising glimpse into the book - can't wait to buy a copy...

Savaged

Jul 23, 2012
Hi guys.

I'm having a few issues with the book at the moment meaning release has been delayed until some point in 2014.

I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Well I'm sure Harper Collins' share price has tumbled upon hearing this sad news.

Are 'a few issues' due to a target audience for the book having not yet been identified?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here