Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(Riverside) Mike Dean

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
If Hughton started with Skalak he might have played a killer ball in the first minute that Hemed got on the end of and we could have picked Boro off as they pushed for an equaliser and been 3-0 up at half time.

Without the Dale sending off we may have won, we equally may have lost (quite a few people have commented how much better we played after the sending off - we managed to not only compete, but looked stronger after the sending off). We don't know. What we do know, is there were still ten men and a coaching team able to affect the outcome of the match.

Did it make us less likely to win? Possibly. We played better with 10 men. We came back from 1-0 down to draw after going down to ten men on Monday. So we can't say for sure.

Again, I'm not saying the ref's decision doesn't have an impact on the game. I'm saying it isn't the deciding factor.

You clearly don't agree, or perhaps it's just that it's against us, and the failure to go up automatically stings too much right now, and in a neutral match you'd agree. I don't know, but it's clearly pointless to continue this discussion. We're just going round and round.

If Dale had finished the match we would have won

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If Hughton started with Skalak he might have played a killer ball in the first minute that Hemed got on the end of and we could have picked Boro off as they pushed for an equaliser and been 3-0 up at half time.

Without the Dale sending off we may have won, we equally may have lost (quite a few people have commented how much better we played after the sending off - we managed to not only compete, but looked stronger after the sending off). We don't know. What we do know, is there were still ten men and a coaching team able to affect the outcome of the match.

Did it make us less likely to win? Possibly. We played better with 10 men. We came back from 1-0 down to draw after going down to ten men on Monday. So we can't say for sure.

Again, I'm not saying the ref's decision doesn't have an impact on the game. I'm saying it isn't the deciding factor.

You clearly don't agree, or perhaps it's just that it's against us, and the failure to go up automatically stings too much right now, and in a neutral match you'd agree. I don't know, but it's clearly pointless to continue this discussion. We're just going round and round.
Ridiculous again.

Today we saw a ref getting a yellow card knocked out of his hand and changing his decision afterwards.

I am seriously disillusioned with football after that. Please don't smuggly suggest that it's because the result went against us - I have years of albion failures and I've never felt so let down by the official.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
It was not a red card offence imho, and yes it may have cost us playing the last 30 mins with 10 men, but at the end of the day there have been many things that have happened over the season not just the sending off. If only we had not conceded the 3rd goal at home to Boro we would now be celebrating promotion not Boro. It's all fine margins, onwards and upwards. U T A

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

Are you on a wind up?! You seriously think having a man wrongly sent off when we had the momentum with us at 1-1 was not a big factor in us not being able to win? We might not have won, but who knows - the bookies certainly lengthened our odds in play when he was sent off so the maths would suggest you're talking sh1te

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Knockaert should have been sent off anyway. Can't dwell on this too much otherwise we will lose to Wednesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Knockaert should have been sent off anyway. Can't dwell on this too much otherwise we will lose to Wednesday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
At some point you have to make a stand for what is right. This is bigger than beating Wednesday, it's about the trust in the competance and integrity of the officials in the game.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
At some point you have to make a stand for what is right. This is bigger than beating Wednesday, it's about the trust in the competance and integrity of the officials in the game.

Yep so Stephens is debatable and unlucky but knockaert few mins later was a 100% second yellow. So this is a bit silly critiquing this one decision when we got very lucky for one in reverse!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Yep so Stephens is debatable and unlucky but knockaert few mins later was a 100% second yellow. So this is a bit silly critiquing this one decision when we got very lucky for one in reverse!
Not silly at all.

How can it be right that an official gets a card knocked out of his hand and then changes his mind !

This does not equate to a simple bad call or incompetent mistake.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
From Facebook

13151512_10209578257044161_1320049100684559113_n.jpg

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Not silly at all.

How can it be right that an official gets a card knocked out if his hand and then changes his mind !

This does not equate to a simple bad call or incompetent mistake.

Completely ignoring the point. He sent off the wrong man and I'd rather it was Stephens and not knockaert.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I don't agree it was 100% second yellow at at all. But at least you agree the ref was poor

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The more you look at it the worse it looks for Dean - how did he do nothing about the card being pulled out of his hand? How did he give the red? How did he get so much else wrong - especially when their players fell over randomly with no one near them?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
It seems he reacted to the injury rather than the tackle. It was never a red card. The player was unlucky to get such a severe injury from that kind of tackle. Mike Dean has a yellow card out initially, the player showed his injury, and Mike Dean changed his mind and produced a red.

If their player was wearing decent shin pads there would be no injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether it was a red or not (and I think it wasn't), he would have booked him had Ramirez not pulled his sock down to show the injury.
Therefore, he let Ramirez make his decision for him.
Spineless weasel.

Spot on.
a lot of these being worn at the moment i suspect

View attachment 74438

Usual bollox from you.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
We can moan all we like, but the plain fact is we were massively second best for the first 50 mins or so. We were exceptionally lucky to go in at half time only one goal down. The red card was a ridiculous decision. Hopefully we will appeal, but even if we do I'm not convinced it would be over-turned. Just have to hope that Sidwell is on his game next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here