Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

(Riverside) Mike Dean

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you think Mike Dean was bad nothing compered to the judge at Hassocks May fare. Disqualifide my best marrow as claimed i had polished it with Mr Sheen to make it standout more. Can't say any
More as OB may be watching but some lads paying him a visit soon. Those ITK will be putting some cat poo thru his leterbox, that will lern him

Regards

DR

:bowdown:

You are great value at the moment.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Do you believe it was reckless? It is his job to win those kind of balls.

But it wasn't reckless that is the point .. It wasn't out of control, it wasn't excessive force . Why was it reckless ????

oh jesus christ... i didn't say it was reckless, i said if the ref believed it was reckless and if you don't think there's any way a ref could ever think that a studs up challenge (as the photographic evidence shows it was) might possibly be deemed reckless then there's no point in having a conversation about it.

6e31d4d3db73abde59f4d96f4a80576219cff6e4a6d7680647a22b904a020ab6.jpg

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
There's two reasons why ref gave the red:

1 - Ramirez and Stephens had a bit of handbags just prior
2 - the ref reacted to the injury and not the offence

He bottled it.

I thought officiating throughout was pretty poor. Stephens again on the wrong end in the first half for a tackle he won cleanly.

Red won't be overturned either because it arguably had an effect on the outcome of £170m game. No way the FA will own up to that. And Mike Dean will be back out on a pitch in no time. Probably the playoff final.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There's two reasons why ref gave the red:

1 - Ramirez and Stephens had a bit of handbags just prior
2 - the ref reacted to the injury and not the offence

He bottled it.

I thought officiating throughout was pretty poor. Stephens again on the wrong end in the first half for a tackle he won cleanly.

Red won't be overturned either because it arguably had an effect on the outcome of £170m game. No way the FA will own up to that. And Mike Dean will be back out on a pitch in no time. Probably the playoff final.
Why was the Middlesbrough flower allowed to knock the yellow card out of the ref's hand ?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Why was the Middlesbrough flower allowed to knock the yellow card out of the ref's hand ?

You'd have to ask Mike Dean.

My guess would be that Boro spent a lot of money on promotion this season and he wasn't going to let them down.

But who knows, I'm not Mike Dean.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
you do realize that, per the rules of the game, that is irrelevant if the referee believes the challenge was reckless, right?
Of course I know that and that's why Murphy's red at Bolton wasn't overturned even though he slipped. However, Stephen's challenge was nowhere near reckless. In fact if anyone was reckless it was Ramirez for diving in. Stephen's foot was up but that was the only way he could win the ball. He won the ball and Ramirez's injury was self inflicted. The ref gave a red card because of the sight of blood on a leg where the player should have been wearing a shin pad. That's why players from school kids to professionals wear them.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I don't think Mike Dean had a choice. Once the guy showed his cut leg it was obvious he had been caught by Stephens studs.

However, a straight red has to be violent conduct and the ref probably thought when he seen the blood and the spat they both had between just before it, I think he had to give the red card but when you watch it back, Stephens got the ball and the injury was caused by a follow through rather than the impact of the challenge. That should have been only a yellow.

I am gutted by it all because the goal would have given us momentum at that stage an Murphy was just beginning to get a bit of space but then had to be sacrifice in the reshuffle. I sort of want to cry about it at the moment but the play offs come up so quick you have to get focussed right away

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Ramirez was late into the tackle, and caught Stephens after the ball was gone. Gets a cut for his trouble and Stephens is sent off :nono:

Yes, that's how I saw it. Ramirez's leg came up after Stevens played the ball. You couldn't say it was even a "studs up" situation as Ramirez's momentum took his leg up toward the bottom of Stevens' foor.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
oh jesus christ... i didn't say it was reckless, i said if the ref believed it was reckless and if you don't think there's any way a ref could ever think that a studs up challenge (as the photographic evidence shows it was) might possibly be deemed reckless then there's no point in having a conversation about it.

View attachment 74441

Hooray....don't hurry back.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Exactly how a couple of us saw it, if he had a fresh cut the blood would have gushed out, that looked like an old wound

LOL LOL LOL LOL - Seems like Ernest has been on the picket lines recently with the Junior Doctors.................Brilliant..........I love it

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

View attachment 74441
about 2 posts too late!!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He was dire - he saw nothing - dreadful ref performance. He was wrong on the red card. He didn't blow for the end of the game, but we stopped anyway, and then the flares ..... Come on let's make an example of them and take a point off them!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Mike Dean looked like he approached the game as the big PL cheese and got a massive game where the home advantage influenced his decision making. He got most right really but the red was a shocker, not even a foul in my book as he got there first and Ramirez kicked the underside of his foot. He was obviously influenced by those 2 at each other s few minutes before.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
It wasn't a red card, it was good tackle which resulted in nasty injury. The ref was going to give a yellow but then was persuaded otherwise but we'll probably never know why. The end. Or is it?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It wasn't a red card, it was good tackle which resulted in nasty injury. The ref was going to give a yellow but then was persuaded otherwise but we'll probably never know why. The end. Or is it?
He had the yellow card knocked out of his hand. Yes, very persuasive. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here