Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2013

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Jul 7, 2003
Went to The Snowdrop in Lewes last night - very nice food. One of my party had the North African Saddle of Lamb which they said was very good and another had the oxtail which was also highly recommended.

I had the Honey Mustard Ham, Black Pudding, Champ and Greens. I was expecting a few nice slices of ham plus the other bits. What I got was beautifully tender chunks of ham, served with thick slices of black pudding, lovely creamy champ and curly kale all in a sort of sauce /gravy that was both sweet with the honey but complimented the meal surperbly.

Beer selection at the Snowdrop is also back on form. Overall very good quality and vfm 9/10

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I also visited Trolls Pantry yesterday, went for the Imperial. One of, if not the best burgers I've ever had. Will go back time and time again I should think. The Stinky Breath one sounds amazing but I kept it simple yesterday. 9/10

THIS. Except I had a double 'Shaman' which was somewhere just the far side of absolutely MAGNIFICENT. It was massive, I demolished it, I'm stuffed yet if you put another one in front of me now I'd have a good go at it. It was THAT delicious.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
THIS. Except I had a double 'Shaman' which was somewhere just the far side of absolutely MAGNIFICENT. It was massive, I demolished it, I'm stuffed yet if you put another one in front of me now I'd have a good go at it. It was THAT delicious.

Went back for an Imperial on my lunch yeterday, outstanding.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
La Galleria, Mothers Day for Mrs Hut - as per the normal top quality

Why on earth is this moved to the "other stuff" as quite informative and hardly malicious

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So the Troll's Pantry are moving in to the Hobgoblin at the weekends, should ensure that the pub is pretty full during the spring months. Pat on the back for me as i guessed this correctly earlier in the thread.

Went back to La Choza last Thursday. 45 minute wait for a table but when we did eat, wowzer. I had prawn tacos with their habanero salsa and it was absolutely outstanding. The service, I am happy to report, has improved tremendously. It was quick and efficient and all while they were serving a full restaurant with a big table of about 12 next to us. Whether this remains the same i don't know but I'm glad to have given them another chance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So the Troll's Pantry are moving in to the Hobgoblin at the weekends, should ensure that the pub is pretty full during the spring months. Pat on the back for me as i guessed this correctly earlier in the thread.

Went back to La Choza last Thursday. 45 minute wait for a table but when we did eat, wowzer. I had prawn tacos with their habanero salsa and it was absolutely outstanding. The service, I am happy to report, has improved tremendously. It was quick and efficient and all while they were serving a full restaurant with a big table of about 12 next to us. Whether this remains the same i don't know but I'm glad to have given them another chance.

Nice to hear this about Trolls Pantry. The chap deserves it. La Choza is great little fun place.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Two London restaurants are my absolute favs. J Sheeky in Leics Sq and Rules in Covent Garden. Brilliant food, not daftly expensive and always brimming over with celebs

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Anyone heard about problems at Fishy Fishy? They've just been forced to close their other outlet in Poole due to lack of custom, plus I've heard that portion sizes have shrunk there recently - never a good sign. Maybe having a famous person as a figurehead isn't enough when times are tough, especially when the publicity isn't very good.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Took advantage of the Sunday night special at Ockenden Manor, Cuckfield this weekend. As usual, stunning food - the cauliflower soup was to die for and the pork and venison main courses just melted in the mouth. If you want a treat at a top hotel, with a great spa, Michelin star restaurant and all for £99 per person I'd highly recommend it. 10/10

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Went to The Snowdrop in Lewes last night - very nice food. One of my party had the North African Saddle of Lamb which they said was very good and another had the oxtail which was also highly recommended.

I had the Honey Mustard Ham, Black Pudding, Champ and Greens. I was expecting a few nice slices of ham plus the other bits. What I got was beautifully tender chunks of ham, served with thick slices of black pudding, lovely creamy champ and curly kale all in a sort of sauce /gravy that was both sweet with the honey but complimented the meal surperbly.

Beer selection at the Snowdrop is also back on form. Overall very good quality and vfm 9/10

The Snowdrop is excellent, great beers and cider and exceptional pub food

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why on earth is this moved to the "other stuff" as quite informative and hardly malicious

All threads on the Big Board were moved to 'the other stuff' as explained at length. Threads are moved back here when requested by users or when I happen to notice a thread has been bumped and is suitably clean.

If you can't be bothered to read important posts about the forum, then you hardly deserve any kind of explanation.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
All threads on the Big Board were moved to 'the other stuff' as explained at length. Threads are moved back here when requested by users or when I happen to notice a thread has been bumped and is suitably clean.

If you can't be bothered to read important posts about the forum, then you hardly deserve any kind of explanation.

Thank you Miss, I will go in the corner and write 10 lines

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Took advantage of the Sunday night special at Ockenden Manor, Cuckfield this weekend. As usual, stunning food - the cauliflower soup was to die for and the pork and venison main courses just melted in the mouth. If you want a treat at a top hotel, with a great spa, Michelin star restaurant and all for £99 per person I'd highly recommend it. 10/10

Very much this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Right, were is the best place to get a breakfast in Brighton these days? I'm aware of Bills but want something along the lines of The Pile Up, from Harry's in Hove (RIP) and it has to have black pudding and fried bread.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

I should have added that the £99 covers dinner, bed and breakfast !

Jul 7, 2003

Shame it is still only with the cut down menu but having read his blog, I totally understand why he is starting this way.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Went to the Blackboys Inn at Blackboys and the food and service was excellent. Good selection of main courses, with brilliantly tasty fresh vegetables, and a fair selection of deserts which were all individually prepared.
Highly recommended, three main course and three deserts £72.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here