Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2013

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This was my biggest problem. Staff were more bothered about their hangovers/comedowns and the service was AWFUL. Food is good though, so a tough one!

Yup, it was chaotically fun the first couple of times but if they want people going back then it's got to improve really.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Oooh, any idea where?

Nope, all he says on the Facebook page is that it's in a central location with a big garden so he can do BBQ stuff in the summer. He is sorting out the contracts at the moment and all will be revealed once it's finalised. It does sound good though - the bigger kitchen will allow him to do more burger options, cider battered onion rings (which sounds amazing), different types of chips and more vegi options as well as have some staff helping him.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I think he's reduced his menu right down for the next couple of weeks as he is moving the business into a pub in town and wants to focus on preparing for that.

I had a single Hunter burger (£6.50), it was absolutely outstanding, cooked to perfection, if the meat is this good it seems silly to have it well done. Highly reccomended.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yup, it was chaotically fun the first couple of times but if they want people going back then it's got to improve really.

I've been 3 times and the service has been good but I have heard reports that I've been lucky. The food is good & amazing value for money.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, all he says on the Facebook page is that it's in a central location with a big garden so he can do BBQ stuff in the summer. He is sorting out the contracts at the moment and all will be revealed once it's finalised. It does sound good though - the bigger kitchen will allow him to do more burger options, cider battered onion rings (which sounds amazing), different types of chips and more vegi options as well as have some staff helping him.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's the Hobgoblin.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Good thread this, sounds like the burgers will be a massive hit in the right venue. Hopefully hear some good reports on service in La Choza too to tempt me back.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Good luck to him; he deserves it.

Jul 7, 2003
Visted Trolls Pantry before the match yesterday with my son. Bloke is on his own at the moment and it was very busy so had to wait a while for our burgers but they were still very good. He thought he might be on his way to a record day and he had started to run out of ingredients by about 3pm. The new bigger burger size works much better than the old quarter pounders he was selling. He told me that the discussions for the pub place were going well and he hopes to be in place for the end of March.

Also took the opportunity to catch up with the Scotch Egg man at North Road Farm Market. Brought two very good eggs from him (not to eat just before the burger I hasten to add). The pork, apple and onion one was as good as ever and I also tried the breakfast egg (has black pudding, mustard and a couple of other things mixed in) which could now be my new favourite. He had venison eggs earlier in the day but these went very quickly. He is planning to be back at Florence Street market when it reopens in the Spring, is now selling at Churchill Square on a Wednesday and also hopes to get into the Friday Farmers Market in Lewes in the near future.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Those black pudding scotch eggs are incrdeible.

I also visited Trolls Pantry yesterday, went for the Imperial. One of, if not the best burgers I've ever had. Will go back time and time again I should think. The Stinky Breath one sounds amazing but I kept it simple yesterday. 9/10

- - - Updated - - -

Those black pudding scotch eggs are incrdeible.

I also visited Trolls Pantry yesterday, went for the Imperial. One of, if not the best burgers I've ever had. Will go back time and time again I should think. The Stinky Breath one sounds amazing but I kept it simple yesterday. 9/10

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mahaan Worthing - very good curry house so would recommend

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
La Galleria - bonus midweek meal with Mrs Hut and superb as per the norm

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Ginger Dog brasserie in College Place, Kemp Town.

The food was nice, but it didn't have the special feel of the food at the more formal Gingerman (same group), but it still totted up to a £100 bill for two.

I thought that was bad value.

Anyone else here been there?

6/10 due to poor value

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The Ginger Dog brasserie in College Place, Kemp Town.

The food was nice, but it didn't have the special feel of the food at the more formal Gingerman (same group), but it still totted up to a £100 bill for two.

I thought that was bad value.

Anyone else here been there?

6/10 due to poor value

Would agree with this word for word. I've been a couple of times, whilst perfectly acceptable it just doesn't wow. Try the Cuthbert which isn't too far and much better or 24 St Georges.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Went to the Turkish restaurant Sini in Hove at the weekend on a Groupon taster deal.

Effectively all their starters for £17 ( for two ).

Just enough to eat and a good way to experience Turkish cuisine. Some dishes were great while others were a little overwhelming for me ( but I guess in a taster menu that's to be expected ). Service was very good and the main menu looked worth a try so we'll be returning for a full meal.

7.5/10

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Think I'll give this one a go tomorrow evening

The Filletto Rossini there is to DIE for - fillet steak cooked in mushrooms, brandy, cream sauce and served on a slice of toast and home made pate

(pizza and pasta bores the shit out of me, so I always go for a steak there and it never disappoints).

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Change of plan - we're going to Brio instead. I'll give La Galleria a go next time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here