Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF fundraiser involved in yesterday's air tragedy

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I never knew these guys and am unbelieveably sad that now I never will. They sound like great blokes from the comments by those lucky enough to have known them.

Deepest condolences to family and friends

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Very sad, my thoughts to his family and friends.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Jacob was on my team for one of the NSC Summer 6-a-side tournaments in Preston Park a few years back...lovely guy and a very talented footballer.

RIP Jacob.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
In a peculiar sort of way, my feeling is that, far from paling into insignificance at times like this, football is something that can draw its family together and give us the strength to get through the harshest of tragedies.
Absolutely this.

Why even compare it to something like this.? You are right in what you say.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I was at Worthing FC this morning when an ITV news crew rocked up; had to inform them they were at the wrong ground. Was the first I had heard of the names being released. Rest in peace to Jacob and all those who have tragically lost their lives.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I've tried to write this post a few times now but it's hard to put these emotions into words so I won't. RIP Jacob, and all those involved. Hugely upsetting. Tears.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Deepest sympathies to all who knew and loved the lads.

Taken far too young.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
RIP Jacob and to all involved, cannot begin to imagine the heartache being felt by family and friends.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Unexpected deaths are always the most painful to bear. Condolences, sympathy and love to all that are hurting right now and over the coming days.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
RIP Jacob and thoughts to everyone who has been affected by this tragedy.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I never knew Jacob, but I knew Matt in the past from football.

I think everything that has been written here about Jacob, can be related to Matt as well. Absolutely pleasure to know, polite, hard working, caring young man, and a very good goalkeeper so cruelly taken in the peak of life. Also worked for the Albion I believe.

Thoughts go out to their families and friends. RIP boys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here