Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF fundraiser involved in yesterday's air tragedy

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
What a terrible loss. I guess like everyone my thoughts are with the family and friends of those that lost their lives in yesterdays tragic accident.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
normally I am very pleased when we win but this brings home how little all that means
RIP Jacob

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
So tragic knew both of them very well, the other player Matt Grimstone was also a massive Brighton fan and an employee of the club working at the new training ground complex

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Today as yesterday the day has had the joy sucked out of it leaving a very somber feel befitting of the weather, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and all who knew him

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
RIP absolutely tragic. Condolences to all those who have lost friends or family in this awful accident.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So tragic knew both of them very well, the other player Matt Grimstone was also a massive Brighton fan and an employee of the club working at the new training ground complex

Funnily enough, you were one of the first posters I thought of once I'd tried to take in this news, as I know you knew Snoobs well. Thoughts with you mate x

And gutted to hear about Matt too - another young Albion fan :(

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Just unbelievably tragic. RIP.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Terrible news. I recognise the username but didn't know him. My condolences to his family and friends.

A lot of people will be hurting right now, and my thoughts are with them.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Snoobs is a user name I recognise very well.

Sounds like he was a talented young man with everything to look forward to. Heartfelt condolences to all those amongst us on here who knew him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hurts. Don't even have to know the lad personally. It hurts. RIP Jacob. This is so unfair.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Terrible news, having played with him in one of the remf 5 a side tournaments. RIP Jacob

Jimmy Grimble

I write this with a very heavy heart.

As with SeagullRic I knew Jacob very well. Since we were teenagers we played football and cricket together and as we got older shared many nights out. As recently as Thursday our cricket side played in a final and tomorrow our 6aside team has our last match of the season which if we win confirms the league title. Jacob was pivotal in everything we did. Safe to say we are at a loss and all completely heartbroken.

Him and I were so buzzing to be part of the REMF team this year and I know he was looking forward to the opportunity again next year.

An incredibly humble, genuine lad who was a special footballer with everything ahead of him. Right now no words can do him justice and I feel like I'm rambling so I'm just going to leave it here for now.

RIP Snoobs and Matt

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I write this with a very heavy heart.

As with SeagullRic I knew Jacob very well. Since we were teenagers we played football and cricket together and as we got older shared many nights out. As recently as Thursday our cricket side played in a final and tomorrow our 6aside team has our last match of the season which if we win confirms the league title. Jacob was pivotal in everything we did. Safe to say we are at a loss and all completely heartbroken.

Him and I were so buzzing to be part of the REMF team this year and I know he was looking forward to the opportunity again next year.

An incredibly humble, genuine lad who was a special footballer with everything ahead of him. Right now no words can do him justice and I feel like I'm rambling so I'm just going to leave it here for now.

RIP Snoobs

Thoughts are with you and to all who knew Jacob. He was obviously someone pretty special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here