Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF FLag Urgent

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
would definantly bung some money towards it Simon

I'm tempted to look into this seriously and get some designs in etc...but I remember we raised loads of money through buckets outside the ground and there are only 3 home games left...

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I'm tempted to look into this seriously and get some designs in etc...but I remember we raised loads of money through buckets outside the ground and there are only 3 home games left...

Get loads of quotes for the flag play them off against each other and it will never be ready before next Friday so can't the collecting wait until next season?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Get loads of quotes for the flag play them off against each other and it will never be ready before next Friday so can't the collecting wait until next season?

We need to have a design and choose the dimensions first!

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Can't you use the same design and just reduce width and breath by a %

Yes we could do that, if people agree.

brightonandhovealbiongiantflag251.gif

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I'm just browsing round various flag sites and just found this

Giant Flag Fact Sheet

Width: 50 ft.

Length: 76 ft.

Weight: 125 lbs. when folded in the carrying bag, approx. 3800 lbs. when unfolded and spread out (aerodynamics).

Persons required to hold the flag: 40 to 60 persons.

Team members to carry/hold: Persons are supplied by the parties requesting the flag. Examples of past holders/carrying have been: Military groups,school children, church groups, business employees.

Which reminds me of the time after a game at Huddersfield when I was left with the flag after everyone else just walked off. I had to get that bloody thing back from Huddersfield to Withdean stadium.

40-60 people? yer right.​

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Good lord. Just goes to show the "interest" in the flag outside of NSC at the time, excepting the Charlton game obviously!

Unallocated "Bucket" from Darlington match £8.60 rounded to £10
Unallocated "Bucket" from Macclesfield match £4.43 rounded to £5
Unallocated "Bucket" from Chesterfield match £3.08 rounded to £5
Unallocated "Bucket" from Charlton match £122.19 rounded to £125

I can keep it in the stores at work under lock and key 24hr monitored security

Plenty of room and can pick it up on the way to the matches.
And after it's done its run over the heads? You're working and it's raining.

Or at Huddersfield?

Or at a Playoff Final when everyone just wants to bugger off to celebrate down the pub or bugger off home on a coach that's MILES away?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World

Or at Huddersfield?

Or at a Playoff Final when everyone just wants to bugger off to celebrate down the pub or bugger off home on a coach that's MILES away?

We LOST the flag at Cardiff didn't we. It was found on a coach (I think) at the Conway Street depot.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton

Or at Huddersfield?

Ok true enough maybe not such a good idea but during the week etc

We LOST the flag at Cardiff didn't we. It was found on a coach (I think) at the Conway Street depot.
I don't know where it ended up after the Cardiff episode (when there was just ONE volunteer out of 30,000 decent enough to get it back to the coach).

But I do remember having to go to Conway Street to pick it up after a game at Vicarage Road. It was in a terrible tangle, having been manhandled off the coach by someone who had no reason to be interested in what it was and dumped it in a deserted corner of the bus garage.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
We had all this boundless enthusiasm about the giant flag first time round. As Lord B points out, it then seems to fade just as quickly when there's a bit of lugging instead of drinking to be done - especially when the original flag was far, far too big in the first place. I hate to say it because it's a great shame but it's an idea that's come and gone, IMHO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here