Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF FLag Urgent

After all the effort and brilliant work that was put into designing it and getting it made, it would be terrible if it was now lost.

But it looks like that's what might have happened.

:(

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
After all the effort and brilliant work that was put into designing it and getting it made, it would be terrible if it was now lost.

But it looks like that's what might have happened.

:(

Sadly tho, It never became part of the must-bring Albion accessories. In fact, some people were downright SCATHING about the logistics of washing it and lugging it around, thereby completely missing the meaning of the flag. or being PRAGMATIC in a way only a woman can be. Tho *COUGH* could equally have been a male attitude. Still no excuse tho for workmen - or women - just chucking it in a skip, if indeed that's what's happened. Could only have happened during the redevelopment of the away fans end, if it happened at all. But Withdean's a large area with many weird little sheds. Probably still around somewhere, albeit a bit mildewed.

Going to dig out some photos in a minute and post them on here. It's the flag in it's PRIME. Apologies in advance if it infringes anybody's copyright.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Perhaps a smaller one next time.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
img0217pg0.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
REMF Tribute 11th September 2002
The flag being passed through the South Stand and placed on the pitch for the one minute silence before the Exeter City game to mark the first anniversary of 9/11 and the death of Albion supporter Robert Eaton RIP

flag1kp5.jpg

flag2bz5.jpg

flag3gm4.jpg

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
YOOOHOOOOO anyone? Last and final chitty chat on the matter? (about finding it that is) If someone wants to tell me who to talk to at Withery I'll go - I know Bretts been before but another pair of eyes can't hurt?

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
No it's gone. I'm not going to do anything about arranging a new flag for another year or so, would be nice to have it at the Falmer first game. Before then I don't think there's enough interest.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I take it it wasn't insured?

We had just enough money to get it made and fireproofed. I didn't get any quotes for getting it insured as there wasn't enough money in the kitty and the chances of losing a 2000 square foot flag seemed remote.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
We had just enough money to get it made and fireproofed. I didn't get any quotes for getting it insured as there wasn't enough money in the kitty and the chances of losing a 2000 square foot flag seemed remote.

Yeah you would think so. Oh well, as you say would be good to have one for Falmer but until then perhaps not so wise as clearly safe storage at Withdean seems to be something of an issue.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Last year Uncle S tried to arrange a new REMF giant flag but it all went a bit pear shaped.

http://78.110.164.13/~northsta/showthread.php?t=108253

People had promised up to £600 or so but there didn't seem to be much enthusiam or interest afterwards and the idea quietly died.

However in the meantime I've been looking round for possible manufacturers etc and I think Barmy Flags look good and advertise in every football magazine.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Last year Uncle S tried to arrange a new REMF giant flag but it all went a bit pear shaped.

People had promised up to £600 or so but there didn't seem to be much enthusiam or interest afterwards and the idea quietly died.

However in the meantime I've been looking round for possible manufacturers etc and I think Barmy Flags look good and advertise in every football magazine.

Make all the firms who make flags like that quote you then beat them all up with each others prices and you should save a fortune!!!

I used to do that as a job with building materials :thumbsup:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

If we get a new flag someone is going to have to take responsibility for storing it etc.
The other flag was too big and too heavy to deal with. It needed at least 6 people to carry it and display it.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I still think it's a bit early to arrange another giant flag but suppose we went up, it would be nice to have one in the Championship (tempting fate, tempting fate), failing that have it made so it's ready for the first game at Falmer.

However, if there's enough interest then who knows. Raising £2000 is still one of NSC's best accomplishments. That and getting McGoo sacked, of course :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here