Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF FLag Urgent

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
If it does turn up it'd be marvellous if Tedebear can give it a home because, to be honest, the flag has been a real mixed blessing up to now! Since the novelty of having it wore off, nobody wants to take responsibility for it (and I can't blame anyone for that since I don't either!) which that's exactly why we're in the position we are now. But given the importance that REMF attaches to the flag, best that REMF ensures we keep a better eye on it in future.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Uncle Spielberg said:
Tedebear, its a sad loss but people were talking about a REMF has lost the flag news article which I don't think is a good idea or fair, also it is important to make it clear the flag was not funded by REMF.

Quite - I'm sure most people knew the flag had nothing to do with the REMF or that no REMF funds were used for the flag in any way whatsoever, I certainly did. Since the flag was being hunted down for fridays match I fear this thread was simply mixing the two. Again, to assume any blame was laid at the feet of the REMF is abit way out there.

Anyhow - my offer still stands re storage.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Isn't there a thread in the archives somewhere (maybe in NSC Gold) detailing how it became the 'Robert Eaton Memorial Flag'? As has been stated the idea and the collection of funds all predated 9/11, but when 9/11 happened and we realised we'd lost Robert someone had the idea of dedicating the flag to him.

Someone else also had the very sensible idea of suggesting that the flag wasn't the only thing dedicated in Robert's memory because (and I'm paraphrasing a bit here) "one day the flag will be all tatty and a bit of an embarrassment."

EDIT: Just checked NSC Gold and it doesn't appear to be there. I'm pretty sure it was in the same format as the 'Half time at Hereford' thread, i.e. 'rescued' from another incarnation of NSC.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Beach Hut said:
Ok I do not know Richard at all well so does anyone know him better than me who would like to sort out this search ?

Alternatively can someone PM me his mail address and I'll see what I can do.

Give the club a call, he works for the Albion, so you'll be able to get hold of him there. Decent bloke too, so he should be OK about a search.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
tedebear said:
Quite - I'm sure most people knew the flag had nothing to do with the REMF or that no REMF funds were used for the flag in any way whatsoever, I certainly did.

I'm sure that many people did not know the flag came before REMF, I for one didnt as I had no internet access at work and only came on here 3 years ago.

As for insuring it, which I appreciate now isnt necessarily REMF responsibility, maybe those involved felt that a cost of £2k it wasnt worth it or maybe quotes if sort were too much, but surely somebody considered it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
tedebear said:
Quite - I'm sure most people knew the flag had nothing to do with the REMF or that no REMF funds were used for the flag in any way whatsoever, I certainly did. Since the flag was being hunted down for fridays match I fear this thread was simply mixing the two. Again, to assume any blame was laid at the feet of the REMF is abit way out there.

Anyhow - my offer still stands re storage.

Tedebear, muy post was just to state the facts and and in response to a " remf flag lost "news report which I don't see as being anything other than negative as Joe Public will lay responsibility at REMF. This is the fans flag and is not REMF property that was all. Certainly it was regarded as the RE giant flag , anyway lets hopefully find it

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
OK good point and I forgot.

The stadium told me we can go down around 19:30 hours one evening and ask for the duty manager who will assist our search.

Brett - can I suggest you get 6 people together via PM, including me and pick a date towards the end of next week and we will go.

Once we agree a date I will advise them.

PS BOF, Yorkie and others all volunteered

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Has it turned up? Have lost touch with this ongoing SAGA.

Brett is aranging a search party shortly

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
roz said:
If it does turn up it'd be marvellous if Tedebear can give it a home because, to be honest, the flag has been a real mixed blessing up to now! Since the novelty of having it wore off, nobody wants to take responsibility for it (and I can't blame anyone for that since I don't either!) which that's exactly why we're in the position we are now. But given the importance that REMF attaches to the flag, best that REMF ensures we keep a better eye on it in future.

If it does turn up, cant we just make it into loads of scarves, then sell them? Will take away the problem of giving it a home, and might be a bit of a money spinner for the REMF?

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
If it does turn up, cant we just make it into loads of scarves, then sell them? Will take away the problem of giving it a home, and might be a bit of a money spinner for the REMF?

have wrexham got a spare big flag too? there's a novel idea for a scarf-flag here somewhere....

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
plymouth nige said:
Have we lost the people looking for the flag!?
wcnige

I'm quite happy to go looking for it, but I fear if I turned up at Withdean and said I'm Tedebear from NSC and I'm looking for a flag, that they may be a trifle concerned about me...:lol:

Still happy to house it, but if Brett was organising something and needed a hand I was just posting a polite boot up the botty ;) :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here